New Korg Legacy instruments

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

New Korg Legacy instruments

Post by Rich Hanson »

Korg have just released two new legacy plug-ins: the miniKorg 700S, which doesn’t interest me particularly, but more interesting for me is the other is the Prophecy.

Just when I’m trying to save money too, the bastards :D
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3291 Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:00 am Location: Sort of near Rochester, Kent, UK

Re: New Korg Legacy instruments

Post by Guest »

What I don't understand about Korg is the measly upgrade price from the original collection, basically only 15% off.

Post by Rich Hanson »

Scroll right to the bottom, there's an upgrade price of $99 for existing Collection v2 owners.
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3291 Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:00 am Location: Sort of near Rochester, Kent, UK

Post by Guest »

Unfortunately I'm V1 so its $249, which I seem to remember was also the price from V1 to V2.

Post by Rich Hanson »

That is a little steep given what the normal price is! I think I did my v1 to v2 when Korg did a promo, so maybe they might have a fit of further generosity further on down the line.

As well as the new synths, though, it would also add the original Triton as well as the new Extreme version and the Odyssey and the latter is a very good instrument IMWO.
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Post by Guest »

If they did it for half price $149 I might bite, I will keep an eye out for any offers.

Korg did upgrade all my existing V1 plugins to V2 for free though.

Post by BJG145 »

BJG145
Jedi Poster

Post by Tomás Mulcahy »

BJG145 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:50 am VST MOSS finally. :thumbup:

This is fantastic. Even though I bought a Triton Rack with MOSS board recently so am slightly peeved :lol:. I hope they add MPE support.
Tomás Mulcahy
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2552 Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2001 12:00 am Location: Cork, Ireland.

Post by nickle15 »

It seems a little strange to release the minikorg in a VST version when a new full sized hardware is on the way. At least, it seems strange to me. But obviously the new version could be significantly different than the old, so you can get both this way (?)
nickle15
Regular

Post by Eddy Deegan »

I've had the SOLO MOSS card in my Trinity since it came out. There are a few voices on there that are worth the asking price alone.

Great to see MOSS in VST form. I'll certainly be grabbing the virtual Prophecy; I'm holding off until I've mulled over whether to get the whole collection or not but I'll figure that out later this evening. Either way, the Prophecy is a no-brainer :)

Thanks for the heads-up Rich.
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8736 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by Rwkitch »

Still have my Phrophecy - I even read the manual (yes, they used to exist!) and programmed my own patches. Nice little synth.
Rwkitch
Poster

Post by Eddy Deegan »

I installed the software Prophecy today and had a quick play on my work laptop. I'm impressed with it, although the less said about Korg's 'Software Pass' mechanism* for licensing and installing it the better :lol:

Anyway, flicking through the sounds it comes with I was pleased to hear a number of old favourite patches and it definitely captures the character of MOSS hardware.

It would have been nice of them to add a 'hold' feature to the virtual keyboard and the frequency on the standalone version (I've not tried the VST yet) is fixed at 48kHz, as was the Trinity, which seems a little quirky these days but neither of these things are a major gripe.

I'd say the introductory price ($99) is money well spent. After work tonight I'm going to do some A/B comparisons of those sounds against the expansion card in the Trinity but that's just out of curiousity.

* Maybe I'm spoiled by how nicely put together the Arturia software centre is!
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8736 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects