Reaper and X-Touch One not on speaking terms

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Reaper and X-Touch One not on speaking terms

Post by Drew Stephenson »

FrankF wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:09 pm
blinddrew wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:29 pm I also use a Korg nanoKontrol2 in my set-up. It does require configuring but just using its own editor and assigning various CC controls to whatever you want them to do in Reaper, and it's been rock solid since.

Thanks, BD: I might still pick up a BCF2000 on your reccie, as it's only 80 euros, and it gives me an excuse to drive to Nantes. :-)
Is there anything I should specifically look out for, in your opinion, when testing it?

Faders. If anything's likely to go wrong it's them, so just check the action on them. And check for the fader cap being bent over to one side; that in itself isn't necessarily a problem, but if someone has then tried to bend it back they might have bent it further down.
If you can plug it in and have it powered up then all the faders should default to zero. Push them up one at a time and they should automatically return smoothly to zero (with a less than smooth 'thunk' at the end - they're not as good as the faders in the x-touch or X32 series).
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24629 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Re: Reaper and X-Touch One not on speaking terms

Post by Rich Hanson »

FrankF wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:03 pm
Rich Hanson wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:29 am Ah, ignore me, I must be misremembering.

I did find this on YouTube about it though, from Behringer themselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBOATNS1V8o

Well, would you Adam and Eve it: that worked!
Many thanks for finding that, Rich. :clap:
I will now spend the next 5 minutes feeling stoopid for not having found that clip on YT. :oops:

Glad you're up and running now.

Sometimes we just fail to get the right search terms when trying to find things so no need to feel stupid :D
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster
Posts: 3319 Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:00 am Location: Sort of near Rochester, Kent, UK