Mastering Solo Piano ???

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Mastering Solo Piano ???

Post by PianoPerson »

RichardT wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:08 pm For me there is just one sample library I've come across that is as usable - Noire by Native Instruments.

That's interesting; thanks for the tip. I've been tempted by Noire myself; the basic piano sound is lovely. You're right of course that changing piano VSTs can involve quite a bit of MIDI editing.
PianoPerson
Poster

Post by DigitalMusicProduction »

blinddrew wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:53 pmIf ever I'm thinking I'm missing a bit of clarity I generally start with looking at the low mids. It's really easy to add lots of power and weight here to give the forte sections plenty of punch or to make something nice and sonorous, but it's easy to overdo it.
It might be worth just taking a moderate Q eq, with a couple of dB negative gain, and giving it a bit of a sweep around that area to see if that brings back a bit of sparkle.

How I'd like to do that very thing, however at present I'm still mastering the intricacies of Logic, only one year in music production, still i will head for Logics EQ plugin and experiment with those low mids to enhance a little clarity.. hope not to over do it.
DigitalMusicProduction
Regular

Music is a universal language that speaks to every person, a euphoria of moods that inspires, convicts and heals 

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Gently does it. :thumbup:
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24445 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/