Behringer 1016 Noise/Random bugs.

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Behringer 1016 Noise/Random bugs.

Post by Arpangel »

This arrived yesterday, not happy with it, the random outputs cut out when I move the knobs.
Also, the noise outputs are intermittent.
I understand that the original had some quirks, so this may be normal, I don’t really know.
Another Berry module has also started to play up, this is very disconcerting.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Re: Behringer 1016 Noise/Random bugs.

Post by ArrownetN »

Somewhere in this beast of a thread is some info about this:
https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... 6&t=234731
ArrownetN
New here

Post by Arpangel »

ArrownetN wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:26 am Somewhere in this beast of a thread is some info about this:
https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... 6&t=234731

Thanks for that, but I can’t find it :crazy:
Anyway, I’m sending it back, even if it is the way it should be, I don’t like it, the way it interact with me feels awkward, I don’t like the character of the noise, or the random waves, big disappointment, the whole sounds and feels clunky, in a bad way to me,
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by ArrownetN »

I think Pg 16 was the one I was referring to, in particular a video posted by 'eben1000uk', although it took me so long to find it again I was starting to wonder whether I'd seen it at all.
Agree with you about the module though.
ArrownetN
New here

Post by Arpangel »

ArrownetN wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:27 am I think Pg 16 was the one I was referring to, in particular a video posted by 'eben1000uk', although it took me so long to find it again I was starting to wonder whether I'd seen it at all.
Agree with you about the module though.

Yes, I saw that video, some of these Berry modules just don’t cut it, if it were a real 2500 I was playing with I’m sure it would be a different vibe, but it’s not, I’ve got a couple of reissues now that leave me wondering one, is it working, or two if this is what it's supposed to be like leave me out!
I asked for a credit note, and I’m sending it back.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Eddy Deegan »

Arpangel wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:04 pm ... some of these Berry modules just don’t cut it, if it were a real 2500 I was playing with I’m sure it would be a different vibe

Strangely, it turns out that "£100 + some hype" isn't quite up to 'the real thing' as originally constructed by ARP.

Behringer may well hit the right spot with some things in their mission to provide everything to the budget-conscious and I think they have achieved that in some ways but as a like-for-like replacement at a fraction of the cost in all cases... not so much I suspect.

I wonder how many of the 'clones' will be as long-lived as the desirable originals. Some more than others maybe. As for support ... :silent:
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8820 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by Arpangel »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:56 am
Arpangel wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:04 pm ... some of these Berry modules just don’t cut it, if it were a real 2500 I was playing with I’m sure it would be a different vibe

Strangely, it turns out that "£100 + some hype" isn't quite up to 'the real thing' as originally constructed by ARP.

Behringer may well hit the right spot with some things in their mission to provide everything to the budget-conscious and I think they have achieved that in some ways but as a like-for-like replacement at a fraction of the cost in all cases... not so much I suspect.

I wonder how many of the 'clones' will be as long-lived as the desirable originals. Some more than others maybe. As for support ... :silent:

Eddy, yes, my attitude to the whole Berry thing and reissues has changed, I’ve a couple of modules now that aren’t good, I’m beginning to wonder about buying anymore of these reissues, and I’m in doubt now, about the VCS3
Everything seems like it should be OK, until you actually get it, I’m wondering now if I made a mistake by jumping in too early with these modules.
I’m changing my tack, and looking at higher priced more respected modules, they are a certain price for a reason.
Also, the hype, the "reviews" especially on Youtube, there are a lot of people out there that should I think, have noticed some of the glaring issues end users have had, and fail to mention them, the build quality too, is never mentioned. The price seems to be the overriding thing, like we have no right to complain, because the price is low, we’ll, it makes no difference, if it doesn’t do what it’s meant to do.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by The Elf »

I can't comment on that specific module (or the VCS3), but I've been happy with all of the stuff I've had of the recreations so far. The 2600 is fabulous, and the 2500 modules I've bought are very good indeed. I never spent enough time with the 2500 to comment on how close they are to the originals, but I do know that I hear the character that I recognise from the modules I have. The limiter on the 1047 module is useless, but maybe that was the same on the real thing?

I say we are getting what we are paying for, and we need to manage our expectations accordingly, but so far I've no serious complaints.
The Elf
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 20026 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:15 am I can't comment on that specific module (or the VCS3), but I've been happy with all of the stuff I've had of the recreations so far. The 2600 is fabulous, and the 2500 modules I've bought are very good indeed. I never spent enough time with the 2500 to comment on how close they are to the originals, but I do know that I hear the character that I recognise from the modules I have. The limiter on the 1047 module is useless, but maybe that was the same on the real thing?

I say we are getting what we are paying for, and we need to manage our expectations accordingly, but so far I've no serious complaints.

Unfortunately Elf, in this case regarding anything to do with the 2500 we have no choice but to go with "what we are paying for" if an original 2500 came up for a good price I’d buy it, but that’s not going to happen.
So we have no choice, my enthusiasm has been a bit dented, that’s all.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Ben Asaro »

Few things are a bigger buzz kill than getting a module and it doesn’t deliver on expectations. Fortunately,in my case, it’s only happened rarely and I’ve been able to shift the modules that I truly have no use for.

But sometimes those modules end up finding a second life as a once-in-a-while utility. I have three modules that I can think of that fit into this category: the 2hp Brst, din-sync Amnesia, and Topobrillo Quantimator. Pam’s New Workout, too, if I’m being totally honest.

I’m glad I held onto them and you may be, too.
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2364 Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am Location: NYC

Post by Arpangel »

Ben Asaro wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:38 pm Few things are a bigger buzz kill than getting a module and it doesn’t deliver on expectations. Fortunately,in my case, it’s only happened rarely and I’ve been able to shift the modules that I truly have no use for.

But sometimes those modules end up finding a second life as a once-in-a-while utility. I have three modules that I can think of that fit into this category: the 2hp Brst, din-sync Amnesia, and Topobrillo Quantimator. Pam’s New Workout, too, if I’m being totally honest.

I’m glad I held onto them and you may be, too.

They are all packed ready to be shipped back Ben.
I had a massive clear out yesterday too, I’m feeling very insecure about music and equipment, I need to make some changes, as I may need to travel light.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster