Can't access replica mag

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

Moderator: Moderators

Can't access replica mag

Post by The_Doorman »

I can't read the new issue of the replica mag. A window pops up asking for my consent that personal data is used. Unfortunately the 'consent' button is unresponsive to touch in Chrome and Safari on both my iPad and the latest Android OS on my phone. As a result I can't access the mag because the window blocks it. Anyone experiencing similar issues?
The_Doorman
Poster

Re: Can't access replica mag

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Apologies. Something is broken! It doesn't work for me on Android either -- but it is fine on a win10 PC. I've flagged the problem up to the chaps with the Internet spanners...

Edited to add: It appears to be an issue with a new Google IAB consent/privacy pop-up that we are obliged to present. It is being worked on!
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38836 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by The_Doorman »

OK good to hear, thanks!
The_Doorman
Poster

Post by Forum Admin »

To help us troubleshoot this, can you tell me what iOS version you are using on your iPad and what Android version please?

Also, what version of Safari and Chrome?

Finally, how were you attempting to access the Replica?

* from within your My Account > Replica Mag tab?
* from Magazine red View Replica button on https://www.soundonsound.com/magazine/2021-10 ?
Forum Admin
Posts: 4234 Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:00 pm Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
Search 16,966 SOS Reviews+Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
SOS Podcasts

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

I'm running Android 10 (SM-G960F Build QP1A.190711.020) and using the default 'Samsung Internet' browser (version 15.0.2.47).

I get exactly the same problem (Consent button non-functional) using Chrome (version 93.0.4577.82).

Accessed from the SOS website magazine page (after logging in).

If I go to the (top right) three lines drop-down, then click on More + and select My Account I get the same consent display pop-up, but the Consent button works and I can access the replica magazine via that route.
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38836 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by Forum Admin »

Thanks Hugh - all info helps. This is proving a tricky one!
Forum Admin
Posts: 4234 Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:00 pm Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SOS Podcasts

Post by ef37a »

I have the current .pdf using W10 and Firefox. Ta very much!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16449 Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am Location: northampton uk

Post by Forum Admin »

ef37a wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:25 pm I have the current .pdf using W10 and Firefox. Ta very much!

Dave.

Hi Dave

We're discussing the page-turning Replica Mag edition here. But good to know you have the Full Issue PDF.
Forum Admin
SOS Podcasts

Post by ef37a »

Forum Admin wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:27 pm
ef37a wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:25 pm I have the current .pdf using W10 and Firefox. Ta very much!

Dave.

Hi Dave

We're discussing the page-turning Replica Mag edition here. But good to know you have the Full Issue PDF.

Ah, right. Well I have the page turning 'analogue' version! Lurrrvely it is too!
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16449 Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am Location: northampton uk

Post by Forum Admin »

ef37a wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:35 pmAh, right. Well I have the page turning 'analogue' version! Lurrrvely it is too!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Forum Admin
SOS Podcasts

Post by Paul Gilby »

The provider we work with to host the Replica mag has confirmed they can reproduce the error and their dev team are investigating.

However, some users have reported that if you keep tapping the Consent button it does eventually work.

More info when we have it.
Paul Gilby
Posts: 177 Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2000 12:00 am Location: Cambridge UK.

Post by FrankF »

Hello,
I'm getting a slightly different problem, as of the latest digi-replicant edition (more Roy than Pris, sadly).

I can access the "Pages" style display, but I no longer have the ability to zoom in on text, so it's more or less illegible.
If I click on "Pages" (bottom left of t'screen), I get a blurred view of a couple of pages.
I've tried logging out and back in, but it's the same.

Any ideas?
FrankF
Regular
Posts: 450 Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:00 am Location: La Vendée, France