Can't access replica mag

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Can't access replica mag

Post by 2pods »

Still nothing doing.

On Samsung S4 tablet, Android 10

Tried constantly tapping (got to 100 :D )
Also tried to access it from my account, but didn't
run into the three lines. It was just the same as the
other way.

Must be patient :angel:
2pods
Regular

Post by Forum Admin »

2pods wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:26 pm Still nothing doing.

On Samsung S4 tablet, Android 10

Tried constantly tapping (got to 100 :D )
Also tried to access it from my account, but didn't
run into the three lines. It was just the same as the
other way.

Must be patient :angel:

We've put a support ticket in last Friday to the platform developer and are awaiting their response. Soon as we have news I will post here.
Forum Admin
Posts: 4233 Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:00 pm Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
Search 16,966 SOS Reviews+Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
SOS Podcasts

Post by 2pods »

Thanks admin :thumbup:
2pods
Regular

Post by FrankF »

FrankF wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:30 am Hello,
I'm getting a slightly different problem, as of the latest digi-replicant edition (more Roy than Pris, sadly).

I can access the "Pages" style display, but I no longer have the ability to zoom in on text, so it's more or less illegible.
If I click on "Pages" (bottom left of t'screen), I get a blurred view of a couple of pages.
I've tried logging out and back in, but it's the same.

Any ideas?

Just asking again, for a friend. ;-)
FrankF
Regular
Posts: 450 Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:00 am Location: La Vendée, France

Post by Paul Gilby »

I'm pleased to announce that the problem has been fixed and it should now work on iOS and Android devices.

If any users still experience a problem, clear your cache and cookies and try again.

As for any page problems such as blurred images or zooming. This is generally caused by a poor internet connection as the pages are served. You'll need to find a better connection or refresh and wait a little longer for the entire page to download.
Paul Gilby
Posts: 177 Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2000 12:00 am Location: Cambridge UK.

Post by FrankF »

Hi Paul,
what I meant was that I can no longer see the slider thingy that allows you to zoom in on / magnify a page.
I've cleared my cache and cookies, logged out, closed Firefox, and walked to the foot of the stairs, but I still can't zoom.

Are there any other spells or incantations I can try? :idea:
FrankF
Regular

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Frank, just to be clear, are you taking about the free replica mag, or the subscriber's downloadable digital PDF mag?
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38834 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by FrankF »

I mean the replica mag.
I've tried via the email link, the "Magazine" thumbtab, and er, I think that's it.

I get the two page display, and if I click on "Pages" (bottom left, big font), I get blurred versions (nothing to do with slow internet!) of 3 or 4 pages.

If I click on a page, nowt happens, and I can't see any way to zoom in.
FrankF
Regular

Post by Forum Admin »

FrankF wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:19 pm I mean the replica mag.
I've tried via the email link, the "Magazine" thumbtab, and er, I think that's it.

I get the two page display, and if I click on "Pages" (bottom left, big font), I get blurred versions (nothing to do with slow internet!) of 3 or 4 pages.

If I click on a page, nowt happens, and I can't see any way to zoom in.

Hi Frank

Apologies for the grief you are encountering. Are you able to access and read/zoom previous issues (August, September replica) or is it *all* of your replica issues?

Go to your MY ACCOUNT (at top of any SOS web page) and log in, then navigate to the REPLICA MAG tab and click on front covers to open the Replica edition that way. Does that make any difference?

NOTE: as an interim solution to keep you from going cold turkey with no SOS ;-) I have added a free October 2021 Full Issue PDF download to your My Account>Downloads tab.
Forum Admin
Posts: 4233 Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:00 pm Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SOS Podcasts

Post by Forum Admin »

SOS OCTOBER2021 Replica screen.jpg
Are you able to click on the FULL SCREEN icon to the left of the Zoom slider?

Try clicking on this direct URL link (you will need to be logged in to your SOS account for this to work):

https://edition.soundonsound.com/html5/ ... 71f297d591
Forum Admin
SOS Podcasts

Post by Forum Admin »

Double-clicking on any full page (not the PAGES at the bottom) also zooms that page, to three levels and back down. Does this work for you? (There is a slight lag before the enlarged page image appears, depending upon your broadband speed.)

Can you type in a page number (say 33) and click on GO button in the popup box - does that take you to the page?

Also, do the Page Fit and Double Page icon buttons at the top of the interface work for you?

Have you tried a different browser to Firefox to see if that works?
Forum Admin
SOS Podcasts

Post by FrankF »

Paul, many thanks for the PDF, that's very generous of you. :D

I tried fiddling with the Zoom setting in Firefox, and now I'm getting garbage text when I look at the replica mag, even after I reset the FF zoom to 100%.

If I reduced the FF zoom below 100%, I could see the mag's toolbar at the top with the zoom and page functions etc.
And lots of other strange things I don't have the strength of will to describe in detail. :cry: (Still, when they bring back the curfew over here, I might change my mind!)

Honestly Paul, if it's just me, don't worry about it: as long as I can access the forum, that's good enough for me.
FrankF
Regular