Can't access replica mag

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Can't access replica mag

Post by Forum Admin »

OK Frank - yours is the only report we've received of this zoom problem and without going into remote screensharing, it'll be hard to troubleshoot. I'd also need answers to all my previous questions.

There is certainly no need to be doing actual Zoom window/screen enlargement in Firefox itself in order to use the Replica mag.

But let's leave it for now.
Forum Admin
Posts: 4290 Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:00 pm Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
Search 16,966 SOS Reviews+Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
SOS Podcasts

Post by FrankF »

I appreciate your efforts!
To answer just one of your questions: I don't really want to install another browser, as Firefox works fine on everything else.
Oh alright: two! I had exactly the same problem when trying it with earlier replica mags.
Maybe the next FF update will sort things out, who knows.

The only other thing I noticed was that FF said that the replica mag was "slowing down" Firefox, with the option to Stop or Wait, and the pages loaded after a second or four.
But if that's due to a slow internet connection, how is it I can stream HD vids and all the rest of it? Is it more a question of RAM, perhaps, or my old PC? Graphics card? Hmm...
FrankF
Regular
Posts: 451 Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:00 am Location: La Vendée, France

Post by markjgb »

I'm getting the below error when I try to access the replica mag. This is on W10, tried both Chrome and Edge. Anyone else getting this?

Server Error in '/' Application.
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: uriString
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Source Error:

Line 139: //look for a common ending between the desktop and subsHost
Line 140: //we wrap it in a Uri and select the host so that it removes the http:// and trailing /
Line 141: string desktopHost = new Uri(urlMask.DesktopMask).Host;
Line 142: string subsHost = new Uri(urlMask.SubscriberMask).Host;
Line 143:

Source File: d:\subscriber.pagesuite-professional.co.uk\www\App_Code\URLMaskHelper.cs Line: 141

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: uriString]
System.Uri..ctor(String uriString) +66
URLMaskHelper.getCookieDomainForURLMask(URLMASK urlMask) in d:\subscriber.pagesuite-professional.co.uk\www\App_Code\URLMaskHelper.cs:141
URLMaskHelper.getCookieDomain(Uri currentURL, Guid publicationGUID) in d:\subscriber.pagesuite-professional.co.uk\www\App_Code\URLMaskHelper.cs:75
custompages_sos_gateway.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\subscriber.pagesuite-professional.co.uk\www\custompages\sos\gateway.aspx.cs:38
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +85
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +79
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +130
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2832

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3770.0
markjgb

Post by Forum Admin »

markjgb wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:35 pm I'm getting the below error when I try to access the replica mag. This is on W10, tried both Chrome and Edge. Anyone else getting this?

Value cannot be null.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.......

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3770.0

You've been a Replica subscriber for many months now so is this a recent problem, and has it worked previously for you?

What issue were you attempting to view? (Latest November 2021 issue? Any others? Same problem on all of them?)

I checked your SOS My Account and all seems to be functioning there fine.

I'm not having any problems accessing it on my Mac browsers, so it could be a temporary glitch. It's Friday evening here in the UK so getting anyone at the Replica hosting company's tech department to investigate is highly unlikely until next week.
Forum Admin
Posts: 4290 Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:00 pm Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
Search 16,966 SOS Reviews+Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
SOS Podcasts

Post by markjgb »

Forum Admin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:52 pm
markjgb wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:35 pm I'm getting the below error when I try to access the replica mag. This is on W10, tried both Chrome and Edge. Anyone else getting this?

Value cannot be null.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.......

You've been a Replica subscriber for many months now so is this a recent problem, and has it worked previously for you?

What issue were you attempting to view? (Latest November 2021 issue? Any others? Same problem on all of them?)

I checked your SOS My Account and all seems to be functioning there fine.

I'm not having any problems accessing it on my Mac browsers, so it could be a temporary glitch. It's Friday evening here in the UK so getting anyone at the Replica hosting company's tech department to investigate is highly unlikely until next week.

First noticed the problem with the Nov 2021 issue, then tried several from earlier in 2021 and got the same error- including issues I have accessed fine before. Thanks for checking into this, no worries if it's not until next week, have a good weekend!
markjgb