Isolate Vocals for FREE!

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

Moderator: Moderators

Isolate Vocals for FREE!

Post by basilwoods »

Hi, Ive created a website that uses AI (spleeter) to isolate vocals and instrumentals on any song. www.audiostrip.co.uk

It is completely free so worth a try. Let me know what you think

Cheers
basilwoods

Re: Isolate Vocals for FREE!

Post by James Perrett »

That's a very interesting website. I hadn't heard of Spleeter. I tried one of the files that I had previously used with Izotope's Music Rebalance and the results from your website were very similar. I would be interested in trying it with a more challenging file but, as that file belongs to a client, I would currently be worried about uploading that file to an unknown website which, for all I know, could be storing copies of everything.
James Perrett
Posts: 11373 Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:00 am Location: The wilds of Hampshire
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Post by James Perrett »

Though I've just done a little more reading and it appears that Spleeter only works up to 11kHz - which was fine for my compressed test file but wouldn't be any good for more serious work.
James Perrett

Post by basilwoods »

James Perrett wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:48 pm Though I've just done a little more reading and it appears that Spleeter only works up to 11kHz - which was fine for my compressed test file but wouldn't be any good for more serious work.

Ok thanks for trying it anyways. I believe it is possible to get Spleeter to go up to 16kHz if that makes it better? Although I have not tested at that range so may work to varying degrees of success.

Also I store data only long enough for you to make sure youve downloaded it if needed (all files are deleted after 3 days)

Cheers
basilwoods

Post by James Perrett »

Thanks for the response Basil. It still looks a useful tool, even with the bandwidth limitation.
James Perrett

Post by VOLOVIA »

Hi, I have tried on one of my songs, which of course I know the sound of the individual tracks...
The new backing track sounds cool, with just ghosts of the vocals. I suppose, it would be good enough to replace the vocals and masking the left overs of the old ones.

The extracted vocal stem was not too bad either. I suppose with some careful editing (it picked up the solo guitar in places...) it could be used in (busy) club remixes.

Good and useful attemp in any case! Cheers.
VOLOVIA
Regular
Posts: 411 Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 am Location: London
VOLOVIA - FACEBOOK - TWITTER Songwriter/guitarist

Post by basilwoods »

VOLOVIA wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:00 am Hi, I have tried on one of my songs, which of course I know the sound of the individual tracks...
The new backing track sounds cool, with just ghosts of the vocals. I suppose, it would be good enough to replace the vocals and masking the left overs of the old ones.

The extracted vocal stem was not too bad either. I suppose with some careful editing (it picked up the solo guitar in places...) it could be used in (busy) club remixes.

Good and useful attemp in any case! Cheers.

Thanks for trying it and thanks for the feedback :)
basilwoods