Revelation.

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Revelation.

Post by Arpangel »

I haven’t been here today, been up since five this morning, recording, IMO, one of my most interesting works, entirely done on the modular, and one effect, all I can say it was very cathartic, it completely reflects my life at the moment, I feel elated, on a high, I’m off for a drink, my partners lost in the garden, pruning roses and I’ve been lost in my music, and I’m still there.
It’s not only been a good day musically, but I can really see, how my modular is shaping up, and how it’s helping me, condensing down, into the essence of what I need.
I just feel really weird, like I’ve crossed a barrier into the next stage of my musical journey, and I feel a lot more confident, completely.
I’m going to incorporate this track into my next CD, it’s going to be interesting seeing how people react to this, but it is how I feel, it’s totally abstract, but has elements of light, and musicality.
Im just feeling amazing, I haven’t felt like this after making music for years.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Re: Revelation.

Post by RichardT »

Arpangel wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:44 pm I haven’t been here today, been up since five this morning, recording, IMO, one of my most interesting works, entirely done on the modular, and one effect, all I can say it was very cathartic, it completely reflects my life at the moment, I feel elated, on a high, I’m off for a drink, my partners lost in the garden, pruning roses and I’ve been lost in my music, and I’m still there.
It’s not only been a good day musically, but I can really see, how my modular is shaping up, and how it’s helping me, condensing down, into the essence of what I need.
I just feel really weird, like I’ve crossed a barrier into the next stage of my musical journey, and I feel a lot more confident, completely.
I’m going to incorporate this track into my next CD, it’s going to be interesting seeing how people react to this, but it is how I feel, it’s totally abstract, but has elements of light, and musicality.

Sounds wonderful!
RichardT
Frequent Poster
Posts: 4172 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by Martin Walker »

Arpangel wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:44 pm I just feel really weird, like I’ve crossed a barrier into the next stage of my musical journey, and I feel a lot more confident, completely.

Yay - that's an excellent RESULT for you Tony! :clap:8-):thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20634 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by Eddy Deegan »

I'm very glad to hear you've had such a good day Tony :):thumbup:
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8820 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by Arpangel »

Yes, it was weird last night, I was listening to Jazz FM in the car, after the session, and the music sounded really strange, like I couldn’t connect to it like it just wasn’t music, after spending a long time doing what I was doing, it took me awhile to click back into "normal" music again, that’s never happened before.
I had another breakthrough yesterday too, I made good use, and made a feature out of my Doepfer delays, I was beginning to doubt their usefulness, but they were the star of the show.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Ben Asaro »

You had me at delay. :)

Glad you're feeling inspired and productive. Not sure about this 'one effect' lark, however. :D
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2364 Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am Location: NYC

Post by Arpangel »

Ben Asaro wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:26 pm Not sure about this 'one effect' lark, however. :D

That’s because you don’t have a Big Sky.

:):):)

Another revelation too, I’ve reorganised my rack into self contained "instrument" rows, I find for me, it helps focus my mind, and I end up with lots of threads, and sources, quite quickly.
I’ve put all of those Behringer 2500 modules into a separate case, they need thinking about, if at all, I’m still undecided, I’ve been very underwhelmed by that stuff, if an original 2500 is like these thank god I didn’t buy one at some point in my life.
I’m just addicted to Rings, I’ve bulit a whole instrument around it, and the rest of my stuff, basically it’s all Doepfer, what I started with.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Ben Asaro »

There's a reason why Rings > Clouds (or Big Sky in your case) is a cliche in modular circles. It sounds dang good!!
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2364 Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am Location: NYC

Post by Arpangel »

Ben Asaro wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:13 pm There's a reason why Rings > Clouds (or Big Sky in your case) is a cliche in modular circles. It sounds dang good!!

But that’s just it Ben, the Doepfer delay and a couple of other things, throws Rings into a different place, and the great thing about Rings, is that very small changes make a massive difference, the atmosphere on that session the other day reminded me very much of the Radiophonic Workshop, Delia Derbyshire, I love that vibe, the delay took that whole edge off of Rings, and made it otherworldly, I need more of these delays, you have to fiddle with them a bit, and the EQ on my mixer, combined with a filter, can help get rid of the things you don’t need.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster