Need Some Tactful Advice??

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Need Some Tactful Advice??

Post by Arpangel »

The Red Bladder wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:52 pm
Arpangel wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 am Simon Cowell - very nice, very clear, very business like, don’t get the impression it’s all aggressive hustling.

Or as investment banker Peter Kaufman said (about traders and brokers) "If all these crooks and promoters knew how much money there was in being honest, they'd all be at it!

I can’t go into detail, but I’ve dealt with the Cowell family, and I found them to be nothing but a pleasure to deal with, I’ve also met real gangsters in the music business, like any area of life, it takes all sorts.

The Red Bladder wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:52 pm Pete Waterman started with a fat bloke in a pink dress gigging in the gay club scene. Rap and hip-hop started with street parties. Rock started when several hitherto unrecorded artists including Chuck Berry speeded up 4:4 blues to make it more fun to dance to at the local hop.

All very true, and I’m adopting the same strategy I’ve used since I started, just keep adding more and more reverb, and like Pete, model railways are where it’s at.

:):):)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
"Don’t let the noise of other peoples opinions drown your inner voice"

Post by blinddrew »

Oneal wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:35 pmThanks guys. I think I am going to approach him by stating I'm looking for mentors in New York, LA, ATL, and Nashville...and I simply want to attend any studio sessions he's open to letting me attend. I simply want to watch his process of building songs and albums from scratch. In addition, I'm open to assisting with any small tasks he may need even if it's getting lunch for everyone....and I'm hoping this arrangement can turn into me co-writing and making beats.

Good luck! :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16554 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Post by Arpangel »

Oneal wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:35 pm
Thanks guys. I think I am going to approach him by stating I'm looking for mentors in New York, LA, ATL, and Nashville...and I simply want to attend any studio sessions he's open to letting me attend. I simply want to watch his process of building songs and albums from scratch. In addition, I'm open to assisting with any small tasks he may need even if it's getting lunch for everyone....and I'm hoping this arrangement can turn into me co-writing and making beats.

I think the engineer "Flood" got his name because he was all ways good at making tons of tea, he got to engineer U2, and other big names, so that may be the way to go.

:thumbup::)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
"Don’t let the noise of other peoples opinions drown your inner voice"