Native Instruments Support

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Native Instruments Support

Post by Arpangel »

My god, I’ve never come across such an inhuman company regarding support.
It’s so intimidating, and convoluted, I need to do a password reset, I tried to log into my account, no joy, I requested a password reset email, no joy, didn’t turn up, I filled out the 7.5 minute support form (7.5 minutes?) I got a "support ticket email" that advises me to sign in to my account to change my details, but I can’t sign in!
I’m away from home, I haven’t got my product serial numbers, which they want, all I want to do is change my password, it seems like I’m up against a brick wall, and I keep going around in circles.
My account won’t recognise my email, or my password, I just get the feeling that this is all very cold and extra formal, keeping customers at a distance, not being able to talk to anyone, I just expect a bit more of a friendly service, their products aren’t cheap, and this whole license protection thing is going way too far, it’s what puts me off buying software full stop.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Re: Native Instruments Support

Post by ef37a »

It is probably no comfort to you Tony but the hardware division is no more friendly!
I tried to contact them a couple of years ago with a query about my KA6 and the process was so convoluted I gave up.

This is the paradox of the modern world. Communication has never been faster, cheaper or capable of delivering so much data but most firms erect silly barriers. My pet hate is 'No Reply' emails...WHAT is the *&^%ing point? I have recently changed to Octopus Energy and they recognise the ire they generate and tell me they will not send them.

Some time ago Sainburys stopped customer service email and you cannot even telephone them now to complain or praise!

There orta be a LAW!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16513 Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am Location: northampton uk

Post by Arpangel »

ef37a wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:36 am It is probably no comfort to you Tony but the hardware division is no more friendly!
I tried to contact them a couple of years ago with a query about my KA6 and the process was so convoluted I gave up.

This is the paradox of the modern world. Communication has never been faster, cheaper or capable of delivering so much data but most firms erect silly barriers. My pet hate is 'No Reply' emails...WHAT is the *&^%ing point? I have recently changed to Octopus Energy and they recognise the ire they generate and tell me they will not send them.

Some time ago Sainburys stopped customer service email and you cannot even telephone them now to complain or praise!

There orta be a LAW!

Dave.

It’s just bad, it doesn’t inspire any liking for the companies involved, they make you aware in no uncertain terms that you may be a criminal before you even start, the culture of assume the worst about someone until proven otherwise. I find these obstructions just plain rude, especially after I’ve spent about a thousand pounds on NI software and then feel I don’t own it, there are so many checks on how I’m using it.
No wonder there’s this mushrooming of hardware studios, and DAW-less recording, it’s not surprising.
I’m almost there with this new Mac laptop, Reaper is working great, downloaded Supermassive, all I need to do is install Reaktor.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by ef37a »

This has ever been a problem. The software companies are looking for a 'zero rip off' scenario which customers would simply not put up with in any other industry.
Supermarkets etc live with a certain amount of theft. Of course they would be happier with none but know people would simply not stand for draconian security measures.

Microsoft are not exactly chummy but are nowhere near as bad as NI and some DAW vendors.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16513 Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am Location: northampton uk

Post by Arpangel »

ef37a wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:49 am This has ever been a problem. The software companies are looking for a 'zero rip off' scenario which customers would simply not put up with in any other industry.
Supermarkets etc live with a certain amount of theft. Of course they would be happier with none but know people would simply not stand for draconian security measures.

Microsoft are not exactly chummy but are nowhere near as bad as NI and some DAW vendors.

Dave.

I’m just stuck Dave, with NI.
What a difference, I mailed Bastl Instruments about an issue with my Microgranny (turned out to be a flat battery!) totally different experience, almost an immediate reply, very friendly, and if there are any other issues don’t hesitate to mail us.
I’m getting to the point now where if I can’t pick up the phone to a company I don’t want to know.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by James Perrett »

Do they have a forum? From recent experience with Reaper I know that their forum is a great way to report issues and have them fixed quickly. RME also seem good with their forum support.
James Perrett
Posts: 14347 Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:00 am Location: The wilds of Hampshire
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Post by Arpangel »

James Perrett wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:39 pm Do they have a forum? From recent experience with Reaper I know that their forum is a great way to report issues and have them fixed quickly. RME also seem good with their forum support.

Trouble is, you have to sign in to the forum! :roll:
Yes, Reaper forum is excellent, sorted me out a couple of times recently, but honestly, messing about with the NI forum, shouldn’t have to through all that, in fairness, it’s like someone asking my customers for advice, because they can’t get to me, it’s not their job.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Arpangel »

Things are progressing, and it’s fair to report that NI have been as helpful as they can be, I'm in correspondence with them and they are chasing it up, gave them my serial numbers.
Hopefully this will all be resolved soon.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by OneWorld »

I haven't had much reason to use them, but was delighted when they got back to me within days when I did make with contact them. They asked for a screen shot, which I sent, then I never heard back, I sent another email, no reply. I stopped using Kontakt and bought Halion 6, that solved my problem
OneWorld
Frequent Poster

Post by Guest »

You should try steinberg support, makes NI seem positively spritely.

Post by OneWorld »

[ACCOUNT DELETED] wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:16 pm You should try steinberg support, makes NI seem positively spritely.

That’s my point, I haven’t needed to, well except on the one occasion, years ago, and it solved the problem.
OneWorld
Frequent Poster

Post by ajay_m »

I purchased an upgrade to komplete ultimate a while ago and wanted a set of actual files I could backup instead of just installing everything over a rather dodgy broadband connection. The ni support person copied everything to a Google drive location just for me so I could download a full set of files. I can't fault their support to be honest.
ajay_m
Frequent Poster

Post by Arpangel »

ajay_m wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:40 pm I purchased an upgrade to komplete ultimate a while ago and wanted a set of actual files I could backup instead of just installing everything over a rather dodgy broadband connection. The ni support person copied everything to a Google drive location just for me so I could download a full set of files. I can't fault their support to be honest.

Yes, that’s it, once you get someone they are on the case, it’s getting someone, that’s the problem!
Arpangel
Jedi Poster