Crunchy Reggae Phaser & Reverb Sound

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Crunchy Reggae Phaser & Reverb Sound

Post by Arpangel »

SecretSam wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:00 pm It's really quite simple, as Mr Perry himself explains:

""It was only four tracks on the machine," Perry explains, "but I was picking up twenty from the extra terrestrial squad. (...) I see the studio must be like a living thing, a life itself. The machine must be live and intelligent. Then I put my mind into the machine and the machine perform reality. Invisible thought waves - you put them into the machine by sending them through the controls and the knobs or you jack it into the jack panel. The jack panel is the brain itself, so
you got to patch up the brain and make the brain a living man, that the brain can take what you sending into it and live."

Let me know if you have any questions.

This happens quite regularly in my basement, there’s nothing magical or mysterious about it, I’m below the water table, and it floods, so I’m just as qualified to call my studio the Ark, also we occasionally get wafts of weed coming from a few doors down, so it really is quite an authentic experience.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Wonks »

In that case my old 70lb Mesa Nomad 100 1x12" combo that definitely only had the one handle.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17003 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Wonks wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:16 ammy old Blackstar S1 45 2x12 combo at 76 lbs.

Is there really a need for this? I mean, I understand the need for a solid cabinet, and that some of the electricals and the driver can be pretty weighty, but really? I sometimes get the feeling that there's a 'never mind the quality, feel the weight!' thing going on.
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24450 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Sam Spoons »

Wonks wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:47 pm In that case my old 70lb Mesa Nomad 100 1x12" combo that definitely only had the one handle.

So did my Boogie Mk4 1x12 combo which weighed 80 lbs... I had a real love/hate relationship with that amp...
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19589 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Manchester UK
People often mistake me for a grown-up because of my age.

Post by Wonks »

blinddrew wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:28 pm
Wonks wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:16 ammy old Blackstar S1 45 2x12 combo at 76 lbs.

Is there really a need for this? I mean, I understand the need for a solid cabinet, and that some of the electricals and the driver can be pretty weighty, but really? I sometimes get the feeling that there's a 'never mind the quality, feel the weight!' thing going on.

I blame ef73a. ;)
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17003 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by Dynamic Mike »

Sam Spoons wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:58 pm
Wonks wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:47 pm In that case my old 70lb Mesa Nomad 100 1x12" combo that definitely only had the one handle.

So did my Boogie Mk4 1x12 combo which weighed 80 lbs... I had a real love/hate relationship with that amp...

Too late. I folded after Wonks' played the Nomad card :lol::lol::lol:
Dynamic Mike
Jedi Poster
Keeping 2 Chevrons apart

Post by shufflebeat »

Is it any wonder none of us can stand up straight for very long?
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
Posts: 9091 Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:00 am Location: Manchester, UK
“…I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career” - (folk musician, Manchester).

Post by SecretSam »

When The Who sang, 'I hope I die before I get old,' I wonder if they were imaging how impossible it would be to carry a Vox ac30 up four flights of stairs if you have had a slipped disc.

Bunch of softies.
SecretSam
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2715 Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:00 am Location: Officially, I do not exist.
Instant gratification is actually pretty good. It's fast as well.

Post by Arpangel »

SecretSam wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:09 pm When The Who sang, 'I hope I die before I get old,' I wonder if they were imaging how impossible it would be to carry a Vox ac30 up four flights of stairs if you have had a slipped disc.

Bunch of softies.

Our guitarist foolishly sold his Vox AC30 without telling us, he could carry it up the stairs before that, but after he told us, he couldn’t even walk down the stairs.

:D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by SecretSam »

:bouncy:
SecretSam
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2715 Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:00 am Location: Officially, I do not exist.
Instant gratification is actually pretty good. It's fast as well.