Logic Pro 10.7 is out

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Logic Pro 10.7 is out

Post by MarkOne »

Have to agree with Desmond here.

He and I have discussed this topic on this very forum in the past, and I posted about it right here as late as June this year.
MarkOne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1381 Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am Location: Bristol, England, Earth, Perseus Gap, Milky Way
Debut Album 'Fantasy Bridge' available now!

Post by BWC »

I think we all sometimes feel like, "I'm the only one!", but if the Internet's taught me anything, it's that this is actually an extremely rare condition. I'm almost never "the only one," and neither are you. You are not alone.
BWC
Regular
Posts: 179 Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:12 am Location: Florida, US
BWC

Post by ConcertinaChap »

MarkOne wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:49 am Have to agree with Desmond here.

Ditto. The implementation of MIDI in Logic has never been an issue for me but I was well aware of it from the writings of Desmond and others on this forum.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10509 Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:00 am Location: Bradford on Avon
Making music: Eagle Alley
Recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
"Sir, more than kisses, letters mingle souls" - John Donne

Post by Howdy Doody Time »

So the upshot of it is Apple eventually solved a problem decades old, affecting thousands of people. Better late than never I suppose. A cursory glance at the forum suggests that there is already a new OS, and the M1 chips are already superseded. I just bought an M1 powered iPad Pro solely for my various subscriptions since my original perfectly functional iPad Mini is so out of date it is practically useless. However it will be a cold day in hell when I fork out for any new silicon based Macbook Pro, the leopard that changes its spots weekly, or so it seems.
Howdy Doody Time
Frequent Poster
Posts: 709 Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:00 am Location: Huai Yai, Chon Buri, Siam
The only excuse we have for making music in the first place is to make it differently..vis-a-vis our own difference (Glenn Gould)

Post by ConcertinaChap »

Howdy Doody Time wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:47 amHowever it will be a cold day in hell ...

That day may not be so far away once they start shoving heat pumps in the ground on a global scale.

My coat? Oh, thanks.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10509 Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:00 am Location: Bradford on Avon
Making music: Eagle Alley
Recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
"Sir, more than kisses, letters mingle souls" - John Donne