guidance about Sound effects recording

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: guidance about Sound effects recording

Post by Adam Artman »

thanks a alot my dear friends.
i'm searching about ZOOM H2N and ZOOM H6 recorders.what do you think about those recorders?
some one told me that quality on zoom mics are like each other.is it right?
Adam Artman
Regular
Posts: 169 Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:54 pm Location: Iran
Silent when music is playing...It's Holy

Re: guidance about Sound effects recording

Post by Arpangel »

Adam Artman wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:58 pm thanks a alot my dear friends.
i'm searching about ZOOM H2N and ZOOM H6 recorders.what do you think about those recorders?
some one told me that quality on zoom mics are like each other.is it right?

They are what they are, they deliver a certain level of quality, noticeable, or not noticeable, depending on what you’re recording,
The Zooms are very popular, but there are subtle differences between makes, I personally prefer my Tascam DR100 MK111, also, the Roland recorders, I hear a slight improvement in the sound of the on-board mic’s, over the Zoom models, but this is highly personal.
If you’re using external mic’s, makes no difference.
I would experiment, you still have the ability to use external mic’s, on the machines that provide XLR inputs, and phantom, so just give it a go, if you’re not happy, trade up to some decent mic’s.
Whatever you get, please budget for a decent windshield, these aren’t an option, they are an absolute necessity, get the best, Rycote, simple.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster