Report your known delays

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Report your known delays

Post by Arpangel »

OMG, OOER!
It’s "out for delivery"
:D:D:D:o:o:o
Rack is ready, it’s all systems go.
Iv'e got a large tequila on stand by.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by ManFromGlass »

IKEA is all out of meatballs here. No arrival date. :roll:
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6645 Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 am Location: O Canada

Post by t-sun »

Arpangel wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:23 am OMG, OOER!
It’s "out for delivery"
:D:D:D:o:o:o
Rack is ready, it’s all systems go.
Iv'e got a large tequila on stand by.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good fortune may be communicable, I just put in my order for an RD-9 and it should be in my hands by tuesday.

A 9+ month delay is hopefully not going to be the usual expectation going forward! Given Behringer's spotty history and the bad timing of the global supply & shipping issues, I'm still willing to believe in other release dates.
t-sun
Regular

Post by Arpangel »

Well, it’s here, and I haven’t even had time to open the box.

:(
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Guest »

Arpangel wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:55 am My Behringer 2600 should have arrived yesterday, it’s delayed in the system :(
All I’ve got on my tracker is "advised" I hope this doesn’t turn out to be weeks, if so I’m asking for a refund.

Who did you get it off? Looks to be in stock in uk pretty everywhere.

What one did you get? Even though I'm a bit anti Behringer I'm thinking of getting one from Santa as the one I am building will never get finished as I'm a lazy good for nothing slacker.

The grey and blue are now nearly the same price as the lovely looking black and orange, I'm wondering if I would actually hear any difference from the boring ones and should just go for the one with the looks.

Post by Arpangel »

[ACCOUNT DELETED] wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:25 pm
Arpangel wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:55 am My Behringer 2600 should have arrived yesterday, it’s delayed in the system :(
All I’ve got on my tracker is "advised" I hope this doesn’t turn out to be weeks, if so I’m asking for a refund.

Who did you get it off? Looks to be in stock in uk pretty everywhere.

What one did you get? Even though I'm a bit anti Behringer I'm thinking of getting one from Santa as the one I am building will never get finished as I'm a lazy good for nothing slacker.

The grey and blue are now nearly the same price as the lovely looking black and orange, I'm wondering if I would actually hear any difference from the boring ones and should just go for the one with the looks.

I chose the Gray Meanie, because?
It looks like the incarnation that was around when I first saw the 2600, in 1972, also, it looks mean, like a bit of laboratory equipment, it looks slightly sinister, and complex, like there’s been no attempt at aesthetics, for the sake of it. I think it looks imposing, in an understated way. I’ve still got the brochure I sent off for from F W O Bauch in London, in 72, it looks like something from another planet.
I’m not worried about the subtleties in sound between the different models, I do like the spring reverb, that’s nice, terrible thing to say, but even if I never play it, it’s just good to have it sitting there, as a reminder, if what things were like back then, and all the tracks I love that were made with it.
I had an Odyssey back then, if this sounds anything like that I’ll be pleased, I almost bought an original 2600 in 1995, for £1,100 I backed out, and of course, now regret it, it was a black and orange one, but you can’t have everything for £1,100.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by MarkOne »

I have many delays in the arrival of new gear. Unfortunately they are all all linked to the small matter of financial liquidity. :(:(
MarkOne
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2714 Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am Location: Bristol, England, Earth, Perseus Gap, Milky Way
My Music on Apple Music
My Music on Spotify

Post by Arpangel »

MarkOne wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:05 pm I have many delays in the arrival of new gear. Unfortunately they are all all linked to the small matter of financial liquidity. :(:(

New gear is nice, but not strictly necessary, and not worth getting wound up about.
I always feel a bit miffed when buying new stuff, like I’ve failed in some way, to use my ingenuity, to solve something, rather than just throw money at it.
As Hugh Robjohns said at some point, something a bit like, if you’ve really got it, you can make music with anything, and he’s spot on there, right on the nail.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by ManFromGlass »

Sure, but -
- the reveal of unwrapping!
- blinky lights!
- a new frontier just waiting for your explorations!
- a new box for the cat to play in . . . . .
What else have I forgot?
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6645 Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 am Location: O Canada

Post by Arpangel »

ManFromGlass wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:21 am Sure, but -
- blinky lights!
What else have I forgot?

It’s still in its box, so I’ve got all this to come then?

:D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Guest »

Arpangel wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:09 am
ManFromGlass wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:21 am Sure, but -
- blinky lights!
What else have I forgot?

It’s still in its box, so I’ve got all this to come then?

:D

I need you to talk me out of getting one it so open it up.

Post by t-sun »

:) RD-9 arrived around noon today, it's as solidly built as the RD-8 and sounds good. I'll need to check to see if the firmware needs an update this evening
t-sun
Regular