Report your known delays

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Report your known delays

Post by Arpangel »

[ACCOUNT DELETED] wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:23 pm
Arpangel wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:09 am
ManFromGlass wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:21 am Sure, but -
- the reveal of unwrapping!
- blinky lights!
- a new frontier just waiting for your explorations!
- a new box for the cat to play in . . . . .
What else have I forgot?

It’s still in its box, so I’ve got all this to come then?

:D

I need you to talk me out of getting one it so open it up.

If I bought one, the you know it’s pointless resisting.
I’ve only got it for one reason, not having constant insecurity about the reliability of an original, I won’t have it, life’s too short.
As for the sound, I really don’t give a damn, it’s going to be good enough, theres nothing more to say really, except that I’m looking forward to doing all the things I imagine, and I know I will, the 2600 for me, is truly, in every sense, an "album in a patch"
But I still haven’t opened it yet, I can remember about three years ago, I bought a lot of stuff, and some of it never got opened for about six months.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by t-sun »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... g-holidays

Everything I was hoping would get here in December is now definitely set for January at the earliest, other than the RD-9 which was already 9 months late anyway.
t-sun
Regular

Post by t-sun »

Well, I say that, and then a day later I get a notification for payment and shipping of the Roland JX-08 for delivery friday. Apparently there's also a small batch of JD-08s being shipped as well, but mine will be in the next batch in early January.
t-sun
Regular

Post by rACed2 »

Just got my notification of despatch of my Hydrasynth Delux, should get it tomorrow.
rACed2
Regular
Organ, synth’s x2 Not enough time or talent.

Post by Martin Walker »

:thumbup:8-)

You could well be the first person here to get one rACed2, so as a 4-ocatve Hydrasynth owner myself I look forward to hearing your thoughts in due course.

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20634 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by rACed2 »

rACed2
Regular
Organ, synth’s x2 Not enough time or talent.

Post by t-sun »

Looks good, I had completely forgotten about the anti-slip gear mount tabs they're including with the deluxe.

Most recent estimate I have for the Explorer is another month. Same for the JD-08.
t-sun
Regular

Post by Rwkitch »

I received my JD-08 last week, it was from https://rubadub.co.uk/ looks like they are out of stock now though.
Rwkitch
Poster

Post by t-sun »

Rwkitch wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:19 pm I received my JD-08 last week, it was from https://rubadub.co.uk/ looks like they are out of stock now though.

I'm in the US, I'm seeing similar delays to my own posted around but then I also received my JX-08 in the week between Christmas and New Years, and others are seeing delays so I think the first batch just got distributed as it came in. I'm wondering if it won't wind up being a bit of a 'floodgates released' situation next month now that we're seeing early deliveries of things that were originally announced to be released in November.

Maybe 'hoping' is a better word. :P
t-sun
Regular

Post by Eddy Deegan »

The ETA on the Kurzweil K2700 has slipped again but luckily not too much. The shipment from which my preorder will be filled is apparently landing on Feb 4th and I should get it shortly afterwards :)
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8827 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by t-sun »

JD-08 now expected in April.
t-sun
Regular

Post by rggillespie »

Happy to report my ASM explorer ordered early January is due with me tomorrow, Andertons had said mid March but its come in a month early. Best get on with reading the manual tonight!
rggillespie
Regular

Post by t-sun »

After having been told that the JD-08 would not be in stock until April, there is now one on it's way to me that should arrive tomorrow, and a Hydrasynth Explorer should come in stock later this week or early next week. at long last.
t-sun
Regular

Post by Eddy Deegan »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:58 pm The ETA on the Kurzweil K2700 has slipped again but luckily not too much. The shipment from which my preorder will be filled is apparently landing on Feb 4th and I should get it shortly afterwards :)

It was posted to me today and is arriving tomorrow. Hurrah!
Eddy Deegan

Post by IAA »

I’m a bit interested in the K2700 as a possible Kronos replacement. The keybed is the thing though. The RH3 is lovely (to me) so I’m wondering whether the Kurzweil is as nice. I may have to go and try it. Let us know Eddy what you think from a pianists perspective.
IAA
Frequent Poster

Post by Eddy Deegan »

I prefer it to the Kronos myself; the action is a little less 'clunky' (for want of a better word) than the Korg.

If I could have anything I wanted, my personal preference would be for there to be a little more weight/resistance in the keys but I think that would possibly detract from the synth side of things and I suspect I'd be in a minority anyway.

It's certainly a weighted action and it feels nice to me, but it's lighter than you're going to find in a real piano. Overall I think it's the right balance considering the capabilities of the K2700 but as always I'd recommend playing one if possible as preferences vary!
Eddy Deegan

Post by IAA »

That’s interesting Eddy. I know what you mean about the Clunkyness of the Kronos, but it’s weight is nearly perfect for me, not far off an upright really. I’m going to try the Kurzweil at our local store if they have it in, I agree trying is the only way. I could order and return if not but that’s such a faff. :roll:
IAA
Frequent Poster