Reaktor, no audio.

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Reaktor, no audio.

Post by Arpangel »

I’m completely puzzled, a PC I haven’t used for some time, I dug it out to use as a VSTi host, it's running lots of other apps perfectly, Reason, Arturia, etc etc, all work fine. Windows 10, current version, Behringer UMC404 interface.
But there is no audio coming from NI Reaktor, I’ve cheacked absolutely everything, it’s receiving Midi, the light is flashing, but no audio from any of the instruments, even when using internal clock to drive drum machines etc.
I’ve checked audio preferences, all fine, I’ve checked Midi settings, all fine, in Omni mode, I’ve gone into the instruments editing pages and checked that they are routed to the output modules, all fine.
I’m really at a loss here, any advice much appreciated.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Re: Reaktor, no audio.

Post by BJG145 »

Here's an initial checklist...you're probably beyond these but just in case...

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... om-REAKTOR
BJG145
Longtime Poster

Post by The Elf »

What audio driver so you have selected?
The Elf
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 20040 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:19 am What audio driver so you have selected?

Thanks all, Elf, I’ve selected Asio, there is another one, says something about sharing, never come across that before.
BJG, yeah, checked all that, and it seems fine, still no sound!
I witch to Arturia, or Reason, all fine!
I think I may have to do a re-instal, but I don’t really want to have to, maybe Win 10 has done a pesky update?
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Arpangel »

OK, I’ve solved this, sort of.
Yet again my Arturia Shitstep 37 has let me down, for what reason I don’t know, just like the dodgy CV situation, it looks like its Midi is doing strange things.
I had a rearrangement of my playing area, which entailed me using my Behringer interface as the Midi input. Just out of interest, I loaded up Reaktor, and bingo, it worked perfectly, just to check, I connected my Behringer master keyboard to it via USB, and Midi, all worked fine.
I then tried the Keystep, nothing, I’ve checked, and re-checked all the settings, they are all fine, it does play some apps, but not Reaktor, it’s really weird.
All I can say is that I’m not using the KS anymore, it’s too weird, and unreliable.
Shame, maybe mine is f****d I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by RichardT »

Reaktor has a strange feature - sometimes it will turn itself off after a CPU overload (when its own CPU meter reaches 100%). If the problem comes back, have a look into this. If you are running at a sample rate > 44kHz, you can force the Reaktor sampling rate to 44kHz in the GUI.
RichardT
Frequent Poster
Posts: 4187 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by Arpangel »

RichardT wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:09 am Reaktor has a strange feature - sometimes it will turn itself off after a CPU overload (when its own CPU meter reaches 100%). If the problem comes back, have a look into this. If you are running at a sample rate > 44kHz, you can force the Reaktor sampling rate to 44kHz in the GUI.

Thanks, yes, it’s incredibly high on CPU usage, at the best of times, I’m running it on a top-line PC OTT spec, and it still uses a lot.
I think it’s set at 48kHz at the moment, and it works fine with my Behringer interface, I know it did crash regularly, on my old XP PC, but I really was taking the piss, expecting it to run at all on that!
Arpangel
Jedi Poster