Customising your Behringer interface.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by Arpangel »

It’s always difficult, buying things you don’t really need, our reasons hold no water for anyone, apart from ourselves.
Anyway, is there a knob on the back of this 2600 so you can turn those LED's off?
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by The Elf »

Arpangel wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:54 am It’s always difficult, buying things you don’t really need, our reasons hold no water for anyone, apart from ourselves.
Anyway, is there a knob on the back of this 2600 so you can turn those LED's off?

Yes (at least on the black/orange one there is - I guess it will be the same). Given that they are all the same colour on the grey it it probably a sensible thing to do.
The Elf
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 20024 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:13 am
Arpangel wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:54 am It’s always difficult, buying things you don’t really need, our reasons hold no water for anyone, apart from ourselves.

Yes (at least on the black/orange one there is - I guess it will be the same). Given that they are all the same colour on the grey it it probably a sensible thing to do.

I’ll come clean, there is an ulterior motive here, I’m sneaking this in, the last thing I need are loads of glaring lights to draw attention.
I just hope the 32U rack doesn’t draw attention.

:D:D:D
Last edited by Arpangel on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by The Elf »

Begin to turn them up, ever so slightly, day after day - see when it's noticed! :lol:

When it is, prepare to invoke the "I've had it for years" defence...
The Elf
Forum Aficionado

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:38 am Begin to turn them up, ever so slightly, day after day - see when it's noticed! :lol:

When it is, prepare to invoke the "I've had it for years" defence...

The current one is "a friend is lending it to me"
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Arpangel »

OK, a possible stumbling block, but not a deal breaker.
I notice the symbols, those little boxes below the sliders, are incredibly small, not a problem for most, but my eyesight isn’t good, I think I’m going to find it a problem initially, but it’s not a big deal.

PS.

I’m starting to feel a certain frisson, I must admit, of anticipation, and unusually for me, a little excitement too, at the thought of getting this.
It’s a bit surreal, an instrument that I used to dream about, as a teenager, will actually be in my studio, the synthesiser that was used on Black Market, On Land, when it’s in the rack, I may have an emotional moment.
I've created its own little alcove, in a big rack, with my BSS402, an Alesis MidiVerb 11, I’m going to throw a few more old bits in there, my Realistic mixer, it’s going to be a beautiful source of disintegration, and dirt.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by The Elf »

You've found one of the reasons why having the multi-coloured fader tops is a useful feature.

I'd suggest you try linking the 2600 to your 2500 modules (if you still have them?) - that way lies lots of multi-oscillator/filter fun.
The Elf
Forum Aficionado

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:47 am You've found one of the reasons why having the multi-coloured fader tops is a useful feature.

I'd suggest you try linking the 2600 to your 2500 modules (if you still have them?) - that way lies lots of multi-oscillator/filter fun.

You’re right about the faders, I may need those lights.
I’ve got all my 2500 modules, not selling them, but they are in my large case, over the other side of the room, besides, I think the 2600 will be enough for me, on its own, I want it to be a stand alone thing, on a little island of its own. I did buy some obscenely long stackable patch leads though, just in case.

:)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Arpangel »

I just unboxed the 2600.
Verdict? I wish I’d bought it sooner.
It looks stunning too, much much better than I thought it would.
Having amazing S&H fun, and those three oscillators, sound cool together, no keyboard connected, it’s going to be a a mean drone machine, and abstract monster.
Those LED faders look so cool just above minimum, really "nasty" like little red hot pokers.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster