Customising your Behringer interface.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 am
Arpangel wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:33 amare these only 8U? They seem bigger to me?

Yes, 8U.

Cheers.

:thumbup:

Been listening to some more of this chaps music,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv2IBh1RngE

I do like what he’s doing, the Moog’s sound great.
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10799 Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
That’s another thing

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by The Elf »

Pleasant enough. I do keep hoping for a rhythm to start, but that's just me!
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18076 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by Arpangel »

OK Elf, Gray Meanie just ordered, from Bax.
Cleared rack space, due on Wednesday.
There’s two things I’m after, I hope it doesn’t disappoint.
The same feedback patching behaviour as the original, and the rich square wave sounds, my all time favourite square wave sounds, that’s mainly what I’m buying it for.
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10799 Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
That’s another thing

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by The Elf »

Arpangel wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:05 pm OK Elf, Gray Meanie just ordered, from Bax.
Cleared rack space, due on Wednesday.
There’s two things I’m after, I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

I'm opening a book, if anyone is interested... ;):lol:
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18076 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:09 pm
Arpangel wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:05 pm OK Elf, Gray Meanie just ordered, from Bax.
Cleared rack space, due on Wednesday.
There’s two things I’m after, I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

I'm opening a book, if anyone is interested... ;):lol:

You have little faith, please.
It’ll go like this, it’s wonderful, it’s beyond, it’s a gift from heaven, that’s the first day, the day after, I’m sending it back, how could Uli Behringer have unleashed such a pile of crap on an unsuspecting public, and, at that price too, I wouldn’t give you 500 pence for it.
The day after that, I’ve done an entire album with it, after drinking a bottle of tequila last night I suddenly saw its potential, it has to be the best thing I’ve ever bought, ever, and probably, the best thing I’ll ever buy.

:D:D:D
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10799 Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
That’s another thing

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by zenguitar »

Arpangel wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:15 pm
The Elf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:09 pm
Arpangel wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:05 pm OK Elf, Gray Meanie just ordered, from Bax.
Cleared rack space, due on Wednesday.
There’s two things I’m after, I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

I'm opening a book, if anyone is interested... ;):lol:

You have little faith, please.
It’ll go like this, it’s wonderful, it’s beyond, it’s a gift from heaven, that’s the first day, the day after, I’m sending it back, how could Uli Behringer have unleashed such a pile of crap on an unsuspecting public, and, at that price too, I wouldn’t give you 500 pence for it.
The day after that, I’ve done an entire album with it, after drinking a bottle of tequila last night I suddenly saw its potential, it has to be the best thing I’ve ever bought, ever, and probably, the best thing I’ll ever buy.

:D:D:D

Exactly Elf's prediction. ;)

Andy :beamup:
User avatar
zenguitar
Moderator
Posts: 11726 Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:00 am Location: Devon
Is it about a bicycle?

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by Arpangel »

zenguitar wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:43 pm
Arpangel wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:15 pm
The Elf wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:09 pm
Arpangel wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:05 pm OK Elf, Gray Meanie just ordered, from Bax.
Cleared rack space, due on Wednesday.
There’s two things I’m after, I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

I'm opening a book, if anyone is interested... ;):lol:

You have little faith, please.
It’ll go like this, it’s wonderful, it’s beyond, it’s a gift from heaven, that’s the first day, the day after, I’m sending it back, how could Uli Behringer have unleashed such a pile of crap on an unsuspecting public, and, at that price too, I wouldn’t give you 500 pence for it.
The day after that, I’ve done an entire album with it, after drinking a bottle of tequila last night I suddenly saw its potential, it has to be the best thing I’ve ever bought, ever, and probably, the best thing I’ll ever buy.

:D:D:D

Exactly Elf's prediction. ;)

Andy :beamup:

In reality, I never know why I buy anything, it seems like a good idea at the time, sometimes they work out, sometimes they don’t, what more can I possibly say, anything can be good or bad, depends on how you look at it, and what mood I’m in, even the things I love, I hate some days, if I’m not in the right frame of mind.
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10799 Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
That’s another thing

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

zenguitar wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:43 pm Exactly Elf's prediction. ;)

Damn! I was in for a tenner if the odds had been better... :lol:
User avatar
Hugh Robjohns
Moderator
Posts: 33815 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by Arpangel »

It’s always difficult, buying things you don’t really need, our reasons hold no water for anyone, apart from ourselves.
Anyway, is there a knob on the back of this 2600 so you can turn those LED's off?
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10799 Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
That’s another thing

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by The Elf »

Arpangel wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:54 am It’s always difficult, buying things you don’t really need, our reasons hold no water for anyone, apart from ourselves.
Anyway, is there a knob on the back of this 2600 so you can turn those LED's off?

Yes (at least on the black/orange one there is - I guess it will be the same). Given that they are all the same colour on the grey it it probably a sensible thing to do.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18076 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:13 am
Arpangel wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:54 am It’s always difficult, buying things you don’t really need, our reasons hold no water for anyone, apart from ourselves.
Anyway, is there a knob on the back of this 2600 so you can turn those LED's off?

Yes (at least on the black/orange one there is - I guess it will be the same). Given that they are all the same colour on the grey it it probably a sensible thing to do.

I’ll come clean, there is an ulterior motive here, I’m sneaking this in, the last thing I need are loads of glaring lights to draw attention.
I just hope the 32U rack doesn’t draw attention.

:D:D:D
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 10799 Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am
That’s another thing

Re: Customising your Behringer interface.

Post by The Elf »

Begin to turn them up, ever so slightly, day after day - see when it's noticed! :lol:

When it is, prepare to invoke the "I've had it for years" defence...
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18076 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.
Post Reply