Cubase 12 - Free upgrade code

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cubase 12 - Free upgrade code

Post by The Elf »

Each time I think Cubase has everything I need along comes something wonderful - the last being the audio alignment feature (no more Vocalign for me).

VariAudio is, quite simply, stunning. Other DAW users wonder what happened when I've tuned their dodgy guitar solo in four mouse clicks!

One of the things that impresses clients most is how fast I can work with Cubase. Any discussions about using a different DAW quickly dissipate once they see me work. It makes me look good, and that keeps me employed!

Currently I'm crossing my fingers for a spectral repair tool...
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18076 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Luke W »

I'm at the point where everything I do as work is fine, and I don't really want for anything in terms of features. But I've started doing a bit of composition (largely for my own amusement at the moment) and using lots of libraries and VI's is where Cubase is looking tempting.

I think eventually I'll get a licence, use it for the "fun stuff" that I do for myself as a chance to really learn it well and then I'll be better placed to make the jump to having it as my main DAW if I choose.
Luke W
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1254 Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 am Location: Northamptonshire, UK

Post by n o i s e f l e ur »

Another feature worth the price of the upgrade is the independent DPI setting for Win 10.

I should really probably get glasses all the same!
n o i s e f l e ur
Regular

Post by Music Wolf »

I upgraded from 10.5 pro to 11 a couple of days ago. <£60 with the offer (applied as checkout).

I had the usual fun with eLicencer (was told that my software was out of date, updated, then got the same message a further three times until I stood on one leg and faced West, then suddenly everything worked). I remembered to make a note of all of my plug-in paths so that everything was visible in short order.

The only thing that nearly tripped me up was that Direct Monitoring was ticked as default. Just need to map out some of the function buttons on the X-Touch and we're done.
Music Wolf
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2606 Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:00 am Location: Exiled to St Helens

Post by n o i s e f l e ur »

Ooh - nearly forgot another new feature in 11 worth the discounted upgrade price;

Global Tracks available in the Key Editor.

https://youtu.be/h3zeOPa2z1U
n o i s e f l e ur
Regular

Post by Dynamic Mike »

Whoops. Sorry, last day is 13.12.21 not 31.12.21. My mistake.
Dynamic Mike
Jedi Poster
Keeping 2 Chevrons apart