Nile Rodgers Guitar Auction

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Nile Rodgers Guitar Auction

Post by BigRedX »

Personally I think the clothes are more interesting than the musical equipment. Pity that there's very little size information.
BigRedX
Frequent Poster (Level2)
RockinRollin' VampireMan

Post by Kwackman »

Sam Spoons wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:09 pm I think this forum is one of the few that actively discourages people from buying more kit

Looking round at my guitars and other gear, I'd say it has failed badly! :headbang:
Kwackman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3206 Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:00 am Location: Belfast
Cubase, guitars.

Post by Sam Spoons »

Well me too but at least we/they tried :oops:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19589 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Manchester UK
People often mistake me for a grown-up because of my age.

Post by Drew Stephenson »

I dunno, since I've been a member of this forum I've only bought...

::: looks around :::

this whole building and everything in it. :shocked:

Except, ironically, a couple of the guitars.
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24450 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Dynamic Mike »

I feel like this a safe space to raise this so at the risk of being accused of heresy, I'll just throw it out for critique. I sometimes wonder if your guitar collection already contains a humbucker, a single coil and a P90, then nothing you buy will sound any different to anyone but you.
Dynamic Mike
Jedi Poster
Keeping 2 Chevrons apart

Post by OneWorld »

Is he selling any of his plectrums, my funds could just about stretch to buying a few of them.
OneWorld
Jedi Poster

Post by Kwackman »

Dynamic Mike wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:13 pm I feel like this a safe space to raise this so at the risk of being accused of heresy, I'll just throw it out for critique. I sometimes wonder if your guitar collection already contains a humbucker, a single coil and a P90, then nothing you buy will sound any different to anyone but you.

Steel strung six string, 12string, nylon string, baritone, semi-acoustic, etc. we always find excuses! :D
Kwackman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3206 Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:00 am Location: Belfast
Cubase, guitars.

Post by Drongoloid »

N i g e l wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:01 pm
recently : Einstein's papers, estimate 3 million, realised 12 million.

I'll take the guitars. A simple concept. Nothing simple about Einstein.
Drongoloid
Regular
Posts: 94 Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:00 am Location: P for Elterwater

Post by tea for two »

What a nice touch to Not put his own name on the foundation.

Too many famous names, not matter how Humanitarian the cause, put their name on their foundation.

We are Family I got all my Sisters with me.... well not quite on this forum lol.

Ps. I think I can afford the same toothpaste as Nile, although it won't help my smile lol nor my guitar playing.
tea for two
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Dynamic Mike wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:13 pm I sometimes wonder if your guitar collection already contains a humbucker, a single coil and a P90, then nothing you buy will sound any different to anyone but you.

Well, assuming you mean a solid body, semi-hollow and hollow body version of each... ;)
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24450 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Sam Spoons »

blinddrew wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:00 pm
Dynamic Mike wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:13 pm I sometimes wonder if your guitar collection already contains a humbucker, a single coil and a P90, then nothing you buy will sound any different to anyone but you.

Well, assuming you mean a solid body, semi-hollow and hollow body version of each... ;)

I believe I've hit a happy medium (and I don't mean Doris Stokes in dope). I have a trad Strat, A P90 Strat and a '75 Les Paul. Then I need a couple of acoustics and have GA bodied 24 ¾" scale (Brian Eastwood Custom, 1981), a small bodied Emerald X7 Carbon Fibre job (24" scale) and a cheapo Dreadnaught. Then there's the Eastwood L5/ES175 Jazz box and my Rob Aylward Selmer Style Gypsy Jazz guitar. They all sound different and do different things, I could live without some of them but, thankfully, I don't have to. I don't feel any need to buy any more guitars and while I might buy a really nice dreadnaught (I have nothing for #1 son to inherit as he's left handed and a nice dread could easily be converted to work for a left hander) but I'd sell the cheap dread to make space.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19589 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Manchester UK
People often mistake me for a grown-up because of my age.

Post by N i g e l »

What is the optium number of guitars and which ones is not the question here. The question is do you need a guitar with star shine, whos do you need ? , & how much % are you prepared to pay over the normal price ?
N i g e l
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3663 Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm Location: British Isles