Polyphonic pitch shifter

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Polyphonic pitch shifter

Post by apaclin »

Hey peoples, looking for a perfect polyphonic pith shifting plugin, the one that doesn't glitch and through which you can run a whole track and it'll sound clean. Any suggestions?
apaclin
Regular

Re: Polyphonic pitch shifter

Post by James Perrett »

The ones that are built-in to Reaper work well for me. One client regularly shifts the key of his backing tracks by a few semitones and they come out sounding perfectly acceptable. Reaper gives you a choice of algorithms so if one doesn't seem to work then you can try another.
James Perrett
Posts: 14354 Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:00 am Location: The wilds of Hampshire
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Post by RichardT »

James Perrett wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:23 pm The ones that are built-in to Reaper work well for me. One client regularly shifts the key of his backing tracks by a few semitones and they come out sounding perfectly acceptable. Reaper gives you a choice of algorithms so if one doesn't seem to work then you can try another.

Same in Cubase - it’s not perfect, but it’s not bad. OP - is your DAW’s native pitch-shift not working well enough?
RichardT
Frequent Poster
Posts: 4177 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by Sam Spoons »

The Reaper one has a formant shifting feature too which massively improves it's usefulness on vocal music.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19704 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Manchester UK
People often mistake me for a grown-up because of my age.

Post by apaclin »

RichardT wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:31 pm Same in Cubase - it’s not perfect, but it’s not bad. OP - is your DAW’s native pitch-shift not working well enough?

Yep, I use Logic and it's AUpitch is not perfect, for a few seconds in the beginning it produces clicks.
apaclin
Regular

Post by MarkOne »

In logic, I use flex pitch which comes out pretty artefact free. Just go to the track inspector and use the transpose option and the flex pitch engine does the rest.

In my (albeit very limited) experience Ableton Live does amazing pitch manipulation.
MarkOne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2738 Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am Location: Bristol, England, Earth, Perseus Gap, Milky Way
My Music on Apple Music
My Music on Spotify