Alchemy synth in Logic?

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Alchemy synth in Logic?

Post by The Paul meister »

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of getting Logic Pro for my iMac. I was wondering - does this contain the Alchemy synth that I have on Garageband on my iPhone 7 ? I'm currently using Garageband on the iMac. It has some of the sounds from the Alchemy synth, but not all of them. One sound that I would particularly like on my iMac is the Cloud Shimmer.

Any help gratefully received,

Paul
The Paul meister
Regular

Re: Alchemy synth in Logic?

Post by BJG145 »

Desmond might know.

BJG145
Jedi Poster

Post by Drew Stephenson »

According to the google, "Alchemy comes with any Logic Pro X purchase of version 10.2 or over, so make sure you've updated to atleast this version. In order to make use of Alchemy, you first need to ensure that you have gone into the Logic Pro X tab in the top left and downloaded the additional content labelled 'Alchemy Sound Libraries'."
I'm sure the manual would confirm though.
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24450 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by blakedirksen »

Logic is awesome. Alchemy is awesome and comes with logic. The only downside is that after the purchase you may find you are spending all of your free time playing with Logic, ignoring all other aspects of your life. ;)
blakedirksen
Regular
Posts: 68 Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:29 pm Location: Coralville, Iowa USA

Post by MarkOne »

Yes. Alchemy is indeed part of the Logic instrument suite. And you will be pleased to know that Cloud Shimmer is present and correct. :)
MarkOne
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2714 Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am Location: Bristol, England, Earth, Perseus Gap, Milky Way
My Music on Apple Music
My Music on Spotify

Post by The Paul meister »

Hi MarkOne,

That's great, thank you for your reply.

Paul
The Paul meister
Regular

Post by Martin Walker »

blinddrew wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:55 pm In order to make use of Alchemy, you first need to ensure that you have gone into the Logic Pro X tab in the top left and downloaded the additional content labelled 'Alchemy Sound Libraries'."

With any luck they should also include the 300 presets I originally created ;)

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20599 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by Chevytraveller »

Martin Walker wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:16 pm
blinddrew wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:55 pm In order to make use of Alchemy, you first need to ensure that you have gone into the Logic Pro X tab in the top left and downloaded the additional content labelled 'Alchemy Sound Libraries'."

Martin

Yes it does as well as the legacy libraries.. Your guitar mutations is still one of my favourite go to banks Martin

:bouncy:
Chevytraveller
Frequent Poster
Posts: 948 Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 12:00 am Location: Hastings
Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, LogicX, Mainstage 3, Korg legacy, Diva, Alchemy, FabFilter.
Hard: Mostly now all for sale.. but Akai MPC Live, Tasty Chips Gr-1, Roland Promars, AS Telemark,  Eurocrack disease

Post by wdsteele »

The problem.with Alchemy is that every sound choice from the library, no matter how randomly selected always aeems to to sound just right !

It also plays very well with the 3rd party Midi Guitar plugin for anyone who likes their guitar synthesis.

Together they make a bit of a mockery of the rather expensive guitar synth pedals on the market just now .
wdsteele
Regular

Post by tea for two »

Chevytraveller wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:51 pm
Martin Walker wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:16 pm

Martin

Yes it does as well as the legacy libraries.. Your guitar mutations is still one of my favourite go to banks Martin

:bouncy:

Ahaha! So which bank has Guitar mutations?

Atmospheric, Basic Editions, Cinematic, Dance, Edges and Angles, Flex and Flow, Gozadera Latina, Modern Songwriter, Modern Synth, Textures and Effects, Vintage Synths, Visions.

Then I will download just that bank. As its 14.28GB download 18.09GB install.
tea for two
Frequent Poster (Level2)