How can I batch loop wav files?

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

How can I batch loop wav files?

Post by Phoenix99 »

Hi

Windows 10.

I have many stereo wav files that have audio loops. The files are cut perfectly to loop from the very beginning to the very end of each file. So the loop points are the beginning and the end of the file.

Ultimately I want to use the wav files in Kontakt so I can use Time Machine pro.
Currently I open load the wav file into Kontakt and enable the loop in the Wave Editor. This very tedious with many files... So I am looking for a solution that will simply batch edit many wav files to enable looping. I just tested turning on looping by opening a wav file in Sound Forge and I saved the file and when I dropped it into Kontakt, the loop was enabled. Voila. Now I want a batch solution that does the same thing.

Thank You for any help
Phoenix99
New here

Re: How can I batch loop wav files?

Post by The Elf »

I'm not sure you can. Looping will always need switching on in Kontakt , no matter what information is in the WAV file. At least that's what I've always found... :?:
The Elf
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 20053 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Phoenix99 »

I tried the free Wavosaur and it works fine but I am looking for something with a faster workflow like Switch's ability to send the output to the source folder.
Phoenix99
New here

Post by The Elf »

Fair enough - I've not found Kontakt to ever activate pre-made loop points, but maybe I've not used software capable of passing that information on.

Maybe Wavelab has this kind of functionality, but I'm not a user, so can't say.
The Elf
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 20053 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Martin Walker »

The Elf wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:49 pm Fair enough - I've not found Kontakt to ever activate pre-made loop points, but maybe I've not used software capable of passing that information on.

Maybe Wavelab has this kind of functionality, but I'm not a user, so can't say.

Yes, Wavelab has its Loop Tweaker, which works rather well at searching out suitable loop points according to the accuracy settings you choose (I'm still on wavelab 8, so I don't know if it's been improved since).

However, I've not tried looping as a batch process, and to be honest I'd be surprised if that could work except for drum loops with obvious loop points where the data at the overlap was identical.

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20642 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by James Perrett »

Adobe Audition has a batch mode which will run scripts and also has a method of selecting loop points for its own mulitrack editor but I don't know whether those loop points are saved with the file.

The Pro version of Sound Forge can do batch processing.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that someone has created a script file for Reaper too.
James Perrett
Posts: 14379 Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:00 am Location: The wilds of Hampshire
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page