Channel strip workflow

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Channel strip workflow

Post by Rainsong »

Hey all! I even had 3 attempts to find a title, which makes me wonder if tnis is too broad an enquiry. Anyway, I use Logic, Mainstage, Kontakt 6, a Nord stage 2, A korg M50 a Mac Mini and a focusrite 4i4 to lock it all together. And a load of questions/ideas etc. I use Logic for Albums I’m recording for my band (originals prog) and i use mainstage to trigger patches on both keyboards, load patches from Kontakt etc, and sometimes play backing tracks when performing live. I would also like mainstage to be real time configurable on stage for effects like modulation, or eq etc etc. (that might be another thread). However, initially what i’d like to do is build up a channel strip library, of patches/kontakt multis/hardware keyboard patches, that i can not only load into mainstage so that on stage, i have the same patches that were used in recording, but also as a library that i can readily recall for new projects. Some of these maybe multiple strips, eg. strip1 has a nord Piano, 2 has korg strings and 3 may have a kontakt multi rack. i was wondering if anyone has a similar rig, and whether they’d create it all in Logic, or in mainstage or something else! Hope that makes sense… in other words, what workflow would you use to build up your libraries?😁🎶
Rainsong
New here