Yamaha 01v96v2

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Moderator: Moderators

Yamaha 01v96v2

Post by Nick TMP »

Hy! I have a problem with a yamaha 01v96v2 mixer to effect when I activate it the vumeter goes in red and cuts as if it were internal feedback.
Nick TMP

Re: Yamaha 01v96v2

Post by resistorman »

Hard reset.
resistorman
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2692 Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 am Location: Asheville NC
"The Best" piece of gear is subjective.

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Yeah, that and replace the internal battery... if that doesn't bring it back to life it will need a Yamaha doctor.

Good console, but getting long in the tooth now.
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 39015 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by Nick TMP »

I reset it
the battery is fine
the problem is when halfway through the effect happens this I have and I post a video to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQqpHrbQ3Lw
Nick TMP

Post by resistorman »

If you can't hear it, probably DC getting through or possibly ultrasonic.
resistorman
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2692 Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 am Location: Asheville NC
"The Best" piece of gear is subjective.

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

You're right, it does look like building feedback.

So you'll need to check the settings within the effect itself, to see if you have feedback dialled into it, and carefully check the desk routing to make sure you don't have an inadvertent feedback loop from outputs to inputs -- it is easily done in the Yamaha desks.
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 39015 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by OneWorld »

Hugh Robjohns wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:36 pm You're right, it does look like building feedback.

So you'll need to check the settings within the effect itself, to see if you have feedback dialled into it, and carefully check the desk routing to make sure you don't have an inadvertent feedback loop from outputs to inputs -- it is easily done in the Yamaha desks.

I think the OP has done a reset and this would clear any feedback loops wouldn't it, though I agree, that's one of the first places I would look, effects feeding back. I owned one of these desks way back when. I liked it, but now, as you say 'long in the tooth' I would have liked Yamaha to have brought out a replacement, along the lines of an X32

OP: Have you used the mixer alongside Studio Manager. That software gives a more overall picture, though after a reset, it seems to suggest there's a fault within the desk. If I remember rightly, I seem to remember there was a power on routine that allowed various aspects of the desk to be checked. Might be worth trying to track down a service manual
OneWorld
Frequent Poster