Good pop bad pop by Jarvis Cocker. BBC R4

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Moderator: Moderators

Good pop bad pop by Jarvis Cocker. BBC R4

Post by N i g e l »

Good pop bad pop by Jarvis Cocker on BBC radio 4

Biog, not downloadable, just listenable-to, for a month

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001741w

availability from outside the Uk may vary

N i g e l
Frequent Poster
Posts: 3708 Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm Location: British Isles

Re: Good pop bad pop by Jarvis Cocker. BBC R4

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

I enjoyed it a lot.
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 39006 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by OneWorld »

He can come and clear my loft if he likes. I look at it from time to time with a mind to clearing it out, but think better of it.

"I remember asking for the Beatles Illustrated Songbook, and then being dismayed by how every song had so many chords in it......." Yes Jarvis, we've all been there :-)

He is ever so observant - "I started to look at the world by what they through away" LOL

He makes a great radio presenter and reminds me of that excellent orator - John Peel. I just love that understated humour which is always such a refreshing change to the more "In ya face, shouty, pushing the boundaries of effin' and jeffin" humour that seems to be the flavour of the month
OneWorld
Frequent Poster

Post by Arpangel »

He came in my shop, I had Miles Davis on the stereo, he said, "hmmmmm, In A Silent Way" I said, yes.
Not many people know that.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by OneWorld »

He is a natural, being able to recall anecdotes from his formative years that we can all relate to, things such as him having the cassette recorder where he could overdub to the accompaniment of the usual "Shut that bloody noise up" being shouted from downstairs - how we suffer for our art!

It surprises no band in history seems to have written a song called "Shut that Bloody Noise Up" because I am sure most young musicians have been through the experience

This is a gem of a broadcast
OneWorld
Frequent Poster