RME Babyface Pro availability

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

RME Babyface Pro availability

Post by Scouser »

Well after researching which way to go with a S/C upgrade I decided on the above Babyface RME, only to see nobody has them in stock ! Typical !

Does this mean it will be discontinued ? As the likes of Thomann say on their website discontinued. Some other stores say they will ship when back in stock, so I'm slightly confused.

Or could it be that they will be launching a new product at NAMM ? I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me in the past, I buy something and a month later there is a new product. It has been around for a while, although I know it has been upgraded under the hood, throughout it's history..

I don't mind waiting if this is likely to reappear in the not too distant future as it seems to be one of the best cards in this price range..
Scouser
Frequent Poster

Re: RME Babyface Pro availability

Post by Aled Hughes »

The Babyface Pro FS is the latest product in that range. It’s only been out for a couple of years so I doubt there’s an update on the way. I have the Babyface Pro (the previous model that replaced the original Babyface) and it’s a great piece of kit, I’m sure you’ll be very happy once you manage to get your hands on one!

Bear in mind that there is a massive shortage/stock issues with these kind of things at the moment. I’ve had an RME AIO Pro on order for months and there’s still no sign of it.
Aled Hughes
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1746 Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:00 am Location: Pwllheli, Cymru

Post by Kwackman »

Scouser wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:47 pmAs the likes of Thomann say on their website discontinued.

On the Thomann page it says out of "available in several months" and "sold out", but I can't see any mention that it is "discontinued"?
https://www.thomann.de/gb/rme_babyface_pro_fs.htm

Studiospares give an arrival date of late June
https://www.studiospares.com/rme-babyfa ... 377660.htm

And Absolute Music claim to have stock....
https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/rme-bab ... rface.html
Kwackman
Frequent Poster
Posts: 3221 Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:00 am Location: Belfast
Cubase, guitars.

Post by Scouser »

I have just seen "Scan" have the Babyface pro FS in stock, I have never thought of them to be a music suppliers, but rather general computer sales.

Happy days £599 seems like a good price..
Scouser
Frequent Poster

Post by Aled Hughes »

Scouser wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:19 pm I have just seen "Scan" have the Babyface pro FS in stock, I have never thought of them to be a music suppliers, but rather general computer sales.

Happy days £599 seems like a good price..

👍 Scan are good. I’ve bought quite a few RME products from them. That’s where I have the new AIO Pro on order too.
Aled Hughes
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1746 Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:00 am Location: Pwllheli, Cymru

Post by Sam Spoons »

They have had a MI dept for quite a while, Peter Kane their music tech guy is a regular contributor on here. They have been building that side of the business recently and just hired a mate of mine to look after the pro audio side.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19696 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Manchester UK
People often mistake me for a grown-up because of my age.