Jupiter X ?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Jupiter X ?

Post by resistorman »

Guido3 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:49 am The ad is legit. The chap doesn’t live far away from me. I nearly bought it a while ago but had a change of heart/plan. At that price, it’s worth a trip out IMHO.

Almost an excuse for a trip to Jolly Old for me :lol:

C'mon Arpy, go get it! You've been hemming and hawing over a synth for a long, long time!
resistorman
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1976 Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 am Location: Asheville NC
"The Best" piece of gear is subjective.

Post by Arpangel »

resistorman wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:41 pm
Guido3 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:49 am The ad is legit. The chap doesn’t live far away from me. I nearly bought it a while ago but had a change of heart/plan. At that price, it’s worth a trip out IMHO.

C'mon Arpy, go get it! You've been hemming and hawing over a synth for a long, long time!

Yes, I know I should, but diplomatically, regarding my partner, it’s a bit tricky,
boxes come in this house and no questions are asked, but a trip like this is pretty obvious, if you know the guy, I could get him to post it, but I’m not really happy with that.

:(
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
That’s another thing

Post by Guido3 »

Arpangel wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:24 am
resistorman wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:41 pm

Yes, I know I should, but diplomatically, regarding my partner, it’s a bit tricky,
boxes come in this house and no questions are asked, but a trip like this is pretty obvious, if you know the guy, I could get him to post it, but I’m not really happy with that.

:(

Whereabouts are you located in the UK?
Guido3
Frequent Poster
Posts: 599 Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Derbyshire
They say you are what you eat but I don't remember eating a f**king legend!

Post by Arpangel »

Hi, I’m in mid Kent.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
That’s another thing

Post by Eddy Deegan »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:10 am ... It's not something I'm likely to buy because my existing collection covers the ground I'd ask of it but if I was starting with an empty room and a budget it would be high on the list. Having said that, I wouldn't rule out grabbing one for myself if the price was right.

My friend is having a gear-shuffle and gave me first refusal on the Jupiter X today. Turns out the price was right. Picking it up in a couple of hours :tongue:
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 7523 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects

Post by resistorman »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:06 pm
Eddy Deegan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:10 am ... It's not something I'm likely to buy because my existing collection covers the ground I'd ask of it but if I was starting with an empty room and a budget it would be high on the list. Having said that, I wouldn't rule out grabbing one for myself if the price was right.

My friend is having a gear-shuffle and gave me first refusal on the Jupiter X today. Turns out the price was right. Picking it up in a couple of hours :tongue:

LOL
resistorman
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1976 Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 am Location: Asheville NC
"The Best" piece of gear is subjective.

Post by The Elf »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:06 pmMy friend is having a gear-shuffle and gave me first refusal on the Jupiter X today. Turns out the price was right. Picking it up in a couple of hours :tongue:

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it. I had one here for a short while and it didn't gel with me - and my S8 sounded better as a (what I was looking for, TBH) JP8-alike.

But it's a powerful beast if you have the patience to work through that OS. The new JD-800 model should be a good 'un.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18361 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Eddy Deegan »

The Elf wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:00 am
Eddy Deegan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:06 pmMy friend is having a gear-shuffle and gave me first refusal on the Jupiter X today. Turns out the price was right. Picking it up in a couple of hours :tongue:

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it. I had one here for a short while and it didn't gel with me - and my S8 sounded better as a (what I was looking for, TBH) JP8-alike.

But it's a powerful beast if you have the patience to work through that OS. The new JD-800 model should be a good 'un.

It's certainly not the friendliest or most intuituive synth to navigate and I've not had time to give it any proper attention yet but I do like the way it sounds (despite a large number of 'orrible presets!) and I think it's got a lot of potential, especially in a mix.

I'll add some thoughts in due course once I've got to know it a bit better and actually used it for something, which is probably going to be quite soon as there are two sounds in there I stumbled across which, with a bit of tweaking, are exactly the sort of thing I need for an up-coming track.
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 7523 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects

Post by Arpangel »

This is interesting, originally I was interested in the Jupiter XM, simply because it's small, has great samples and is a synthesiser!
I wouldn’t be buying it just for the synthesis, and that applies to the X as well, I’d be interested in what you think of this when you get into it more.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
That’s another thing