Longest safest cable for condenser

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Longest safest cable for condenser

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Also seconded! :D
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24445 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Sam Spoons »

Thirded :clap:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19588 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Manchester UK
People often mistake me for a grown-up because of my age.

Post by ef37a »

Mike Stranks wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:06 am Keep posting Dave! :clap::thumbup:

I value your contributions and your knowledge - even if we disagree about printed manuals! :lol:

For the record, I have very little difficulty with your vernacular style, but maybe best to dial it back a bit for the wider - and younger - audience. ;)

But please do keep contributing... :thumbup:

Thank you Mike. Er, how do we disagree about PRINTED* manuals? I think I am in print as saying they are outmoded? So long as there is a well written, comprehensive .pdf available I am happy.
Mind you, I want such downloads READILY available! Don't want to search a list of 100+ products. Don't want to setup yet ANOTHER bloody account with all the spam that usually generates. I recently tried to find the FULL user manual for the Presonus Audio Box One....No joy.

*Waste of trees and energy.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16448 Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am Location: northampton uk

Post by Mike Stranks »

ef37a wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:15 am
Mike Stranks wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:06 am Keep posting Dave! :clap::thumbup:

I value your contributions and your knowledge - even if we disagree about printed manuals! :lol:

For the record, I have very little difficulty with your vernacular style, but maybe best to dial it back a bit for the wider - and younger - audience. ;)

But please do keep contributing... :thumbup:

Thank you Mike. Er, how do we disagree about PRINTED* manuals? I think I am in print as saying they are outmoded? So long as there is a well written, comprehensive .pdf available I am happy.
Mind you, I want such downloads READILY available! Don't want to search a list of 100+ products. Don't want to setup yet ANOTHER bloody account with all the spam that usually generates. I recently tried to find the FULL user manual for the Presonus Audio Box One....No joy.

*Waste of trees and energy.

Dave.

Sorry Dave; my misunderstanding. Therefore we are of one mind! :thumbup:
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Post by MarkOne »

GROUP HUG!
MarkOne
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2713 Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am Location: Bristol, England, Earth, Perseus Gap, Milky Way
My Music on Apple Music
My Music on Spotify

Post by Drew Stephenson »

MarkOne wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:11 pmGROUP HUG!

:D
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24445 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by shufflebeat »

ef37a wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:15 am ...PRINTED* manuals? I think I am in print as saying they are outmoded?

Please tell me that wasn't intentional.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
Posts: 9091 Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:00 am Location: Manchester, UK
“…I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career” - (folk musician, Manchester).

Post by wearashirt »

Regardless, thanks Dave and the rest for helping me out as always in SOS. Luckily, these nobelle (japan) cables also come with Neutrik XLRs. Indeed there was some trouble with the electronics dialect there, but I can manage! :D

It's just that I've always tracked with short cables. But now, I have a chance to set up some sort of ad-hoc studio. I already have my acoustic panels arranged in a "hut" that would get any little kid excited. So, I needed the extra length.

On the topic of Philippines.. we have direct and easy retail trade connection to China, so a lot of things that I've seen around when traveling North or West are available here for very low prices, or through a high quality copy cat. Japan also exports second hand items to our country called "Japan Surplus" and I've been able to snag a wurly piano, a nice classical guitar, an all tube combo amp, and an upright yamaha u2 piano for cheap. Of course, this trade is not purely "good" in and of itself, but it is what it is.
wearashirt
Regular
Posts: 122 Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:18 am Location: Manila, Philippines

Post by wearashirt »

ef37a wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:37 am Make and model of microphone would have been useful but, assuming it is a conventional capacitor mic with a balanced output impedance of around 200 Ohms 8mtrs is no problem at all.

Dave.

Microphone is 150 ohms impedance.
https://en.takstar.com/product/type/3204.html

How does that shift the equation?
wearashirt
Regular
Posts: 122 Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:18 am Location: Manila, Philippines

Post by ef37a »

The equation remains the same friend. Nothing in that microphone's specification suggests it is anything but a conventional circuit and so should be capable of driving at least 100mtrs of cable as I said.

Keep rocking,

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Post by ef37a »

To raise the matter of manuals again. I have just ordered the Tascam DR-40X.

I type that into Google with "user manual" get a link to Tascam and Bazinga! A .pdf fills my screen and I download it.

Why cannot every company have such a simple method for finding manuals?

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster