Waves update

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Waves update

Post by mountain lion »

Hi

When you update Waves plugins with Waves update plan can you choose which ones you want to update or do you have to update all that you own?

Thank you
mountain lion
Regular

Re: Waves update

Post by Drew Stephenson »

I must confess that I've heard so many horror stories about things becoming inactive after updates that I never do. I just accept the feature set that was there when I bought them and leave it at that.
Which doesn't really help I guess. :problem:
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24639 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by sonics »

Yes, you can choose exactly which combination of plugins you want to update, and watch the cost adjust as you do so. Just log into your account and go to the WUP page.

For me, the Waves update process has not always been faultless, but very worthwhile when I have decided I wanted those new features. I would prefer that updates were free of charge, but I knew the way it worked when I started using Waves.
sonics
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1640 Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:00 am Location: Canada

Post by Alperian »

My advice when buying Waves products is to avoid the big bundles. With individual single-plugin product purchases you are free to update whichever ones you like, when you like. When you order something like the 'Horizon' or 'Diamond' packages you have to update the whole thing.

That can cost some dosh. Especially if, say, you just bought a brand new Apple Silicon Mac and nothing in your bundle will open on it, because the Waves bundle plugin versions you had when your plan ran out, only run on Intel powered Macs.
Alperian
Poster
Posts: 59 Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:00 am Location: Oxfordshire UK

Post by Guest »

So I have had Gold and a few other of their plugins for years.worked fine without WUP.

When I had to get a new computer with Big Sur and the 10 year old version I was running wouldn’t work anymore I emailed them, within an hour I had an email back saying I should use an update plan that was available as it would be cheaper than getting a new WUP upgrade and I would also get WUP for a year.

I can’t fault waves really, even without WUP they helped me out quickly and told me how to go it on the cheap.

It was about 30 quid.

Post by mountain lion »

Ok so great News .
Yeah its nice to wait with the updates until you have to when they stop working altogether.
[ACCOUNT DELETED] , did you get a special offer on the update plan?
mountain lion
Regular

Post by Guest »

What happened is there was an update available for me for my existing product, so it was something like Waves Gold -> Waves Gold + RenMaxx.

This was cheaper then buying the WUP renewal and I also got WUP with it for the year.