The Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread #3

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread #3

Post by Arpangel »

I’ve been thinking about this a bit, and I have absolutely no right to criticise Behringer in any way whatsoever, among items of theirs that I own, two interfaces, two pairs of monitors, a mother keyboard, half of my modular is populated by Behringer Modules, I have a mini mixer, a volume pedal, and an FX unit, without Behringer my studio wouldn’t exist.
Baring all this in mind, I look forward to a complementary VCS3 when it finally comes out, for my ongoing unstinting loyalty, and, for giving free publicity to a company that has truly democratised the world of recording, music making, they have made things that were before unaffordable, and unattainable, to musucians worldwide
And when I do receive my VCS, I’ll willingly give it an in-depth review, that I know, will be nothing less than a glowing tribute, and long may Behringer continue to be the saviour that it is, a company that truly cares about making music affordable to everyone, even the most impoverished of musicians, we all owe a vast debt, and it’s difficult to imagine a world, now, without Behringer.

:angel:
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Drew Stephenson »

:bouncy:
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24583 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

:sick: I've suddenly come over very queasy. :lol:
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38984 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by Eddy Deegan »

Arpangel wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:55 pm it’s difficult to imagine a world, now, without Behringer.

Similar for me, but it's Arturia as opposed to Behrinwhoever :tongue:
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8829 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by Folderol »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:41 pm
Arpangel wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:55 pm it’s difficult to imagine a world, now, without Behringer.

Same for me, but in my case amazingly, it's all about <click>BRRRRRRR
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18184 Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 am Location: The Mudway Towns, UK
Yes. I am that Linux nut {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Post by MOF »

it’s difficult to imagine a world, now, without Behringer

Until a month ago I didn’t own anything of theirs, I bought a cable tester for work.
MOF
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2264 Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:00 am Location: United Kingdom

Post by The Elf »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:41 pm Similar for me, but it's Arturia as opposed to Behrinwhoever :tongue:

I'm just discovering the Arturia V collection, and yes, I can see what you mean...
The Elf
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 20029 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Arpangel »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:41 pm

Please say you didn’t take that post seriously.

:D:D:D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Martin Walker »

Arpangel wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:06 am Please say you didn’t take that post seriously.

We were indeed rather concerned for your mental health Tony ;)
Martin Walker
Posts: 20634 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by Arpangel »

Martin Walker wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:17 pm
Arpangel wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:06 am Please say you didn’t take that post seriously.

We were indeed rather concerned for your mental health Tony ;)

So was I!

:)

Elf, the V Collection is still good, but it used to be frighteningly good when it first came out, I genuinely thought that I had the instruments it was replicating, with no need to have the real thing, they were that good, especially the Moog Modular, and 2600, they were almost too rich and fruity.
Then, they changed them, and now I hardly use those things, I still use it for some things, like the Rhodes, Wurly, and organs.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by tea for two »

Anal Lab4 probably changed the sound. I have this.
Anal Lab2 is prolly the original sound which can't get these days.
Although I have an old download from when I purchased Anal Player nearly decade earlier that could still have the original sound.
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/ar ... er-factory
tea for two
Frequent Poster

Post by IAA »

Interestingly, when I migrated my studio recently to Apple silicon I decided everything had to run native. So reviewing all my soft synths (what I have installed against what do I actually use) I decided just to use v collection. And although I’ve had it for years, I’m really thinking it’s first rate and I’d rather use these in a project than invest in small analog retro synths.
IAA
Frequent Poster

Post by Arpangel »

IAA wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:33 am Interestingly, when I migrated my studio recently to Apple silicon I decided everything had to run native. So reviewing all my soft synths (what I have installed against what do I actually use) I decided just to use v collection. And although I’ve had it for years, I’m really thinking it’s first rate and I’d rather use these in a project than invest in small analog retro synths.

The only Arturia thing I use now is the JP8, the Rhodes and Wurly are just about usable, but not my first choice, Mellotron isn’t bad.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by t-sun »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IGN4F3hdY

Introducing Behringer PRO-800, the worlds first analog 8-Voice poly synth that is affordable for everyone.

Delivering 8 fully analog voices with 2 VCO’s per voice, the PRO-800 faithfully delivers the amazing sound and experience of this historic synthesizer from 1982, all while introducing brand new features in a form factor that works within modern-day setups.

You need presets? We Hear You. PRO-800 delivers user memories for up to 400 sounds.

PRO-800 is also fitted with the iconic GliGli modification as standard, in addition to many of the new features that we have implemented including, the noise generator which was only ever found on the rare Japanese editions, full MIDI cc control, USB MIDI connectivity, dual polyphonic sequencer, dedicated LFO with 6 waveshapes, and VCA overdrive.

PRO800. True 8-Voice Analog Polyphony, now affordable for everyone.

Estimated Price USD $599, Shipping April 2023.

Video makes it pretty clear they're aiming at the Minilogue XD module.
t-sun
Regular

Post by Arpangel »

Something is only introduced if it's actually available, its a bit like introducing me at a party and then saying "but he won't be coming until April"
I'll keep my eyes open sometime in 2025.
All these announcements became tiresome a long time ago.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by t-sun »

They announced it almost two years ago, this is the first time they've put a release date on it.
t-sun
Regular

Post by Arpangel »

t-sun wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:43 am They announced it almost two years ago, this is the first time they've put a release date on it.

Sounds par for the course.

:)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by BigRedX »

But as Arpangel says, AFAIAC it doesn't exist until it is actually in the shops (or on their web site for guaranteed next day delivery).
BigRedX
Frequent Poster
RockinRollin' VampireMan

Post by sonics »

Arpangel wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:19 am The only Arturia thing I use now is the JP8, the Rhodes and Wurly are just about usable, but not my first choice, Mellotron isn’t bad.

I don't recall reading why you don't continue to use the older versions if you prefer the sound of them. I run both on my computer; I've agreed before about hearing differences. When the installer changed size radically I knew something was up...

But like most software these days, V Collection is utterly fantastic and stupidly cheap. But give most people free access to a gourmet restaurant and they'll "cook" egg and chips! :)

(I've just been programming some really nice sounds on a $5 soft-synth.)
sonics
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1634 Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:00 am Location: Canada

Post by Arpangel »

sonics wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:25 pm
Arpangel wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:19 am The only Arturia thing I use now is the JP8, the Rhodes and Wurly are just about usable, but not my first choice, Mellotron isn’t bad.

I don't recall reading why you don't continue to use the older versions if you prefer the sound of them. I run both on my computer; I've agreed before about hearing differences. When the installer changed size radically I knew something was up...

But like most software these days, V Collection is utterly fantastic and stupidly cheap. But give most people free access to a gourmet restaurant and they'll "cook" egg and chips! :)

(I've just been programming some really nice sounds on a $5 soft-synth.)

Top restaurants are like a lot of things, only there to show off how much money you've got, they've got nothing to do with "cooking" your tea.
A $5 soft synth, I can't argue there, I'm all for doing things as cheaply as possible.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster