heyyy!!!!!!!!! This is my second song!!!

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

heyyy!!!!!!!!! This is my second song!!!

Post by SeungWoo Kim »

Hello, I'm SeungWoo.
This is my second song.
Enjoy!!!

https://soundcloud.com/ares6scfdqmf/rev ... al_sharing
SeungWoo Kim

Re: heyyy!!!!!!!!! This is my second song!!!

Post by blinddrew »

That top end is too aggressive for me ears I'm afraid.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 20245 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Post by Martin Walker »

Ouch - I agree with Drew about the top end (it's so gritty!), and the overall mix is so flatline compressed/squashed that it's difficult to hear any details on what's going on in the mix.

Relax your compression settings a bit and I'm sure we'll be able to offer more constructive feedback.
Martin Walker
Posts: 19640 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by jaminem »

Difficult to know what to say here.
Assuming this is not a joke, you need to actually listen objectively to what you are doing. I don't think you are listening to what you are doing, I think you're vibing that your doing something, which is great that your enjoying it, but its not enjoyable to listen to.

A few points
Mix is in no way balanced, drums are non existent, frequency balance bias to top end, the explosion sound effect is just horrible to listen to, and not even tailed properly, 'musical' elements repetitive with no light and shade. No tension, no intensity etc

I would suggest to put on a similar commercial track and compare it to yours, note the differences hopefully this will give you a few pointers about where you're going wrong.

Also step away from the limiter!
jaminem
Frequent Poster

Post by Exalted Wombat »

Rather abrupt end!

Well, I guess your first one was even worse. OK, now let's hear the third. Maybe a bit less compression/limiting?
Exalted Wombat
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5754 Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:00 am Location: London UK
You don't have to write songs. The world doesn't want you to write songs. It would probably prefer it if you didn't. So write songs if you want to. Otherwise, dont bore us with beefing about it. Go fishing instead.