Faulty Yamaha MGP24X

Discuss the hardware/software tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Faulty Yamaha MGP24X

Post by bamuel815 »

I got my hands on a free console from a pub I go to as it was faulty, it literally wouldn't come on properly, the computer wouldn't start up and all the lights would just flicker and I thought maybe I could fix it. I fixed some of the problems, however the stereo output still doesn't work and the panning doesn't seem to be working.
I can get sound through the monitor out and headphone out via the AUX sends and the rest of the console seems to be working.

The boards are pretty immaculate too so I would be really grateful if someone had some insight to this problem so I could fix it up fully.

Thanks in advance
bamuel815

Re: Faulty Yamaha MGP24X

Post by resistorman »

Might be helpful to know what you've fixed so far. At first glance it seems like power supply problems, but I'd de-oxit and reseat all internal interconnect cabling first off.
resistorman
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2743 Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 am Location: Asheville NC
"The Best" piece of gear is subjective.

Re: Faulty Yamaha MGP24X

Post by bamuel815 »

It was simple fixes. A couple of the ribbon cables were hanging out. And then the computer booted up and the lights stopped flickering. I have sprayed the desk and unplugged and plugged back in all the ribbon cables. But not removed any cards
bamuel815