How can i get this sound ? need help

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

How can i get this sound ? need help

Post by majid bess »

Hi, for a personal musical project, i need to produce the same (100%) sound used in this melody here, i need the vst and preset that allows me to produce it, im using FL studio, im beginner with this kind of sounds, your help is really appreciated, thanks in advance.

I timed the melody here, starts at second 56

https://youtu.be/W7-_9T0qUd0?t=56
majid bess

Re: How can i get this sound ? need help

Post by MarkOne »

It look like this topic has got lost in the Music Theory section, but in case the original poster does check back, I'd say this was a blend of two sounds.

A supersaw type of sound and a filtered square wave, both tempo locked to some kind of trance gate type of effect where the supersaw is chopped up by the gate in time with the rhythm and the square wave gets chopped and a (random?) filter sweep with quite high resonance on each gate signal
MarkOne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2738 Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am Location: Bristol, England, Earth, Perseus Gap, Milky Way
My Music on Apple Music
My Music on Spotify

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Moved to Keyboards & Synthesis forum section.
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38984 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by Wonks »

I have a feeling it's the bass sound that's being talked about here, as that comes in at 56 seconds, whilst the higher synth part is already playing at that point.

Once you get your basic bass sound (which is probably a sine wave stacked with something else), it's all about getting the filter envelope right.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17020 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by The Elf »

Just a basic bass patch of two or three detuned saw/pulse waves and a filter envelope.
The Elf
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 20029 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.