Project Help Required.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Project Help Required.

Post by canceralbum »

Hello to all.

Although I am new to forum I am not new to Sos. Been a reader for a long time and was my bible during training in the 90s.

I am writing today to see if anyone could help me. I am currently in a fight with Cancer. I was diagnosed last year and so far have had 8 Chemo Cycles and a major operation. Work is out of the question. My diagnosis was stage 3 cancer of the Esophagus. I am being treated at the Royal Marsden Hospital.

What I am seeking to do is put together a photo zine based on drum machines, samplers and multi track recorder packaging. I am thinking zoom, boss, roland etc. This is something to help me get structure and take my mind of what is happening to me.

I was wondering if any members have any old boxes laying around or even boxes for newer type machines. I am not seeking large boxes, for example, full size synths but boxes that can be photographed on a desk. I could use internet photos, but the issue is they not my photos and part of my photos include inserting items in the photo scene, like mags of the age and cds.

My target boxes are the roland samplers ( sp range ) zoom or boss drum machines and the smaller type mutitracks. I also would include Yamaha sequencers or samplers.

It goes without saying I would pay for postage and make a credit in the zine.

I am very happy to provide ID and verifiable evidence that I have cancer etc.

While I am here would anyone have any idea if Roland would loan me a sp404 to complete a music project as a legacy to my kids ( I have three ). I am a guitarist but have Neuropathy in fingers ( plus toes ) so most playing is out. The idea is to make sound collages from various sources and get some discs printed.

If you have read this far, thank you. If this forum part is not the correct place then I hope a moderator could move the post to a more suitable location.

Kindest Regards to all and if anyone has questions for me please do not hesitate to send me a message.

DJC
canceralbum
New here

Re: Project Help Required.

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Sorry to hear of your woes and I applaud the idea of having a project to help keep the mind focused on positive things. Unfortunately I can't help with any suitable products myself, but I hope other forum members can be of assistance. Good luck to you.
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 39006 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by RichardT »

Sorry, I don’t have any boxes - but I wish you well for your project which sounds like a great idea.
RichardT
Frequent Poster
Posts: 4187 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by canceralbum »

Thank you for all your kind comments.
canceralbum
New here

Post by Martin Walker »

Welcome to the SOS Forums!

I'm so sorry to hear your story, but applaud the positive effort you're putting in with this project to give you some structure.

I don't have any of the required boxes, but am hoping that by posting in support, to keep this thread going, other people will see your request and be able to help out.

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20634 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by canceralbum »

Thank you very much for your support, it is very positive for me. It is no great hardship if I draw a blank, however if you do not ask you will never know.
canceralbum
New here