Musicians’ Census 2023

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

Moderator: Moderators

Musicians’ Census 2023

Post by Luke Wood SOS News Editor »

UK musicians encouraged to take part

The Musicians’ Union and Help Musicians have launched a nationwide census, and are encouraging all UK-based musicians to take part in order to generate a comprehensive picture of the country’s music-making population.

Click here to take a look at the full news story.
Luke Wood SOS News Editor
Frequent Poster
Posts: 588 Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:53 pm Location: Northamptonshire, UK

Re: Musicians’ Census 2023

Post by Folderol »

Had a look, but apparently they are only interested in people who make music for money (or intend to do so).
So the rest of us musicians don't count apparently :(
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18065 Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 am Location: The Mudway Towns, UK
Yes. I am that Linux nut {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Post by IAA »

I did it. Strange survey. I’m obviously not the demographic it’s targeted at being nearly 60 and generally ok(ish). Feels like they’ve written the story and survey will support it!

Anyway it’s only 5 mins, if it helps someone I’m happy.
IAA
Frequent Poster

Post by RichardT »

IAA wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:39 pm I did it. Strange survey. I’m obviously not the demographic it’s targeted at being nearly 60 and generally ok(ish). Feels like they’ve written the story and survey will support it!

Anyway it’s only 5 mins, if it helps someone I’m happy.

Yes - it feels like they are going to write a report saying x% of musicians have experienced discrimination of some kind. All they are waiting for is the value of x.

It also seems a little biased towards performing musicians (which I was prior to the pandemic!) and away from music creators.
RichardT
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4075 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by IAA »

Yes - it feels like they are going to write a report saying x% of musicians have experienced discrimination of some kind. All they are waiting for is the value of x.

Indeed.
IAA
Frequent Poster