MainStage with NI Strummed Acoustic V1

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

MainStage with NI Strummed Acoustic V1

Post by MarkOne »

Any Kontakt/MainStage Gurus out there?

Trying to use NI's Strummed Acoustic guitar instrument (Version 1) in live MainStage and try as I might I can't seem to find a way to make it start the strum pattern when I play a chord. I assume it's just following the MainStage clock and Beat/Bar intervals, so it just depends where in the MainStage metronome cycle I happen to play a note.

Anyone with cleverness out there think of a workaround?
MarkOne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2742 Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am Location: Bristol, England, Earth, Perseus Gap, Milky Way
My Music on Apple Music
My Music on Spotify

Re: MainStage with NI Strummed Acoustic V1

Post by MarkOne »

Ah Ha!

I've cracked it!

You have to make sure the MainStage metronome is OFF (Green Play Button at the top of the screen) while that is off, the behaviour is exactly as I want it. Pattern starts on keypress, and doesn't wait for the next bar to roll around.

Perhaps I have a modicum of cleverness tucked away somewhere after all!
MarkOne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2742 Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am Location: Bristol, England, Earth, Perseus Gap, Milky Way
My Music on Apple Music
My Music on Spotify

Re: MainStage with NI Strummed Acoustic V1

Post by OneWorld »

You cracked it before it cracked you - well done.

I used Kontact +other NI instruments and the quality is top notch but there are some aspects of their stuff where the interface has me beat, and is about as easy as navigating my way around the maze at Hampton Wick on a pogo stick and blind folded.

I came to Kontakt from Gigastudio which was in contrast so intuitive, Tascam oh Tascam, why did you ever abandon me, and other Giugastudio users, I guess there weren't enough of us.
OneWorld
Frequent Poster