Curram / Offigan Law

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Curram / Offigan Law

Post by Howdy Doody Time »

Does anyone else fall foul of the Curram/Offigan Law of Cable Tie Arrangement, where the likelihood of removal within the hour is directly proportional to the length of the cable run?
Howdy Doody Time
Frequent Poster
Posts: 806 Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:00 am Location: Huai Yai, Chon Buri, Siam
The only excuse we have for making music in the first place is to make it differently..vis-a-vis our own difference (Glenn Gould)

Re: Curram / Offigan Law

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

:lol: Doesn't everyone?
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 39030 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by Drew Stephenson »

I assume that Curram and Offigan are fairly closely related to Murphy and Sod?
;)
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24655 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the rumours that I might have an idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Howdy Doody Time »

blinddrew wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:36 pm I assume that Curram and Offigan are fairly closely related to Murphy and Sod?
;)

Only indirectly. Murphy's law becomes effective when 'within the hour' is extended, which allows for several post cable tie activities to have obscured access to the cable run. All such obstacles will have to be removed to facilitate Curram Offigan.
Howdy Doody Time
Frequent Poster
Posts: 806 Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:00 am Location: Huai Yai, Chon Buri, Siam
The only excuse we have for making music in the first place is to make it differently..vis-a-vis our own difference (Glenn Gould)

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Howdy Doody Time wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:23 pm
blinddrew wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:36 pm I assume that Curram and Offigan are fairly closely related to Murphy and Sod?
;)

Only indirectly. Murphy's law becomes effective when 'within the hour' is extended, which allows for several post cable tie activities to have obscured access to the cable run. All such obstacles will have to be removed to facilitate Curram Offigan.

Yay science! :thumbup:
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24655 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the rumours that I might have an idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/