Selecting location for 'Bounce in Place' & 'Freeze' Logic audio files

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Selecting location for 'Bounce in Place' & 'Freeze' Logic audio files

Post by Mr Showbiz »

When using the freeze or bounce in place function the resulting audio files are saved in the Media folder of the Logic project file, located in the Logic folder on the computer's main hard drive.

This means i'm using the main hard drive for audio streaming, when I'd like these to be saved onto the dedicated Audio Hard Drive.

When using Bounce in Place of Freeze, there doesn't seem to be any choice given for the location of these audio files, unlike the Bounce (Bnc) function found in the stereo out channel of the mixer.

Is there any way of doing this, apart from saving the Logic song folder onto the audio drive itself?
Mr Showbiz
Poster

Re: Selecting location for 'Bounce in Place' & 'Freeze' Logic audio files

Post by BigRedX »

Since the actual Logic project file is tiny in relation the most audio files I don't see a problem in saving them in the same place. I regard my "audio" drive as my "music" drive and everything to do with the songs I am working on gets saved onto it, each song organised into its own folder.
BigRedX
Frequent Poster
RockinRollin' VampireMan

Post by muzines »

If you want everything to come off your external drive, then save the project folder there. Now any assets Logic uses that are contained in the project folder will be accessed from that drive.

In reality, modern SSD's can stream thousands of files, so if you're worried about performance if those freeze files and other assets are coming from the project folder on your main drive, you don't need to be. Especially as on a modern Mac, the internal SSD will be much faster than any external SSD you attach to your system.
muzines
Jedi Poster
..............................mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio  | Legacy Logic Project Conversion

Post by Mr Showbiz »

Thanks for the responses and advice.

I've always saved the Logic project/song file to the internal HD and saved audio on the external audio drive. It's always seemed the 'natural order' of things to me; perhaps it dates back to the pre-audio Logic days!

Thanks, I'll use the Audio drive for everything in future.
Mr Showbiz
Poster