Portacapture X8 with Looper

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Portacapture X8 with Looper

Post by Nathaniel1979 »

I am trying to figure out if I can use a Boss RC 1 looper with the Tascam Portacapture X8 that I purchased. I don't want to directly connect to the Portacapture I want to use the condenser mics built in to record the nature sounds along with the acoustic instrument. I then want to loop that and add another layer with another instrument I will have with me in the woods. I just want to have the least amount of gear with me as possible.

In the Portacapture I'm not seeing a way to make anything an output line to go to the input of the Boss rc 1. Ideally I would like to just use these two items, but in worst case scenario I do have an iPad pro and an m audio interface I could take as well, but it would just be nice to utilize the Portacapture x8. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm having trouble figuring this out.
Nathaniel1979

Re: Portacapture X8 with Looper

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Can you use the headphone output from the X8 as your source?
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24664 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the rumours that I might have an idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Re: Portacapture X8 with Looper

Post by ConcertinaChap »

The X8 has a stereo line out jack that so far as I can see from the block diagram should serve. Have you tried that? It's not something I've tried to date since I normally use it as a straight recorder.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Posts: 12969 Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:00 am Location: Bradford on Avon
Mr Punch's Studio
Life's a long song
but the tune ends too soon for us all