Need to know what instrument they're using.

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

Re: Need to know what instrument they're using.

Post by shufflebeat »

BigRedX wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:46 am The cynic in me still thinks that there is more to this an a simple "what instrument is this?"

You have a twisted, cynical, suspicious mind.

…and so do I.
shufflebeat
Longtime Poster
Posts: 9170 Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:00 am Location: Manchester, UK
“…I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career” - (folk musician, Manchester).

Post by BWC »

Smells like marketing to me.

Wonks wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:17 pm It's more a statement than a question.

But a statement that's clearly designed to get you to listen again. ...and more closely this time, to see if you can even guess which instrument is in question.

Drew Stephenson wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:57 am In which case surely you have to admire their dedication? :D

More super-dedicated marketing people, great, just what the world needs. :roll:
BWC
Frequent Poster
Posts: 707 Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:12 am Location: FL, US
BWC

Post by Wonks »

It didn’t make me want to listen again. Did you actually go back and listen again?
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17233 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by BWC »

I don't remember if I even listened a first time. :lol:

You came up with the answer pretty quickly. I wonder how well the other places it was asked did, maybe it was that sort of test. :think:
BWC
Frequent Poster
BWC

Post by Wonks »

I didn't watch much of the video, I just saw the instrument and paused it. Apparently you need to watch 30 seconds or more for it to count as a view. So as a method for increasing the view count, it's not a great one.

I saw the instrument, did a search for pictures of 10-stringed instruments and a similar looking one came up very quickly.

Some people aren't very good at thinking of how to search for something on the web. I'm not too bad at it, though I do get frustrated at how the search responses often show you what it thinks you mean, rather than what you've typed, even to the extent of including the exclusion words.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17233 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by BWC »

Wonks wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:46 am Some people aren't very good at thinking of how to search for something on the web. I'm not too bad at it, though I do get frustrated at how the search responses often show you what it thinks you mean, rather than what you've typed, even to the extent of including the exclusion words.

Yes, I've noticed that you have some search skills, in addition to a pretty impressive amount of knowledge gained in the old-fashioned ways. :thumbup:

Search engines refusing to believe that I actually typed what I meant to type drive me nuts also. A good friend, back when his daughter was still a teen, once told me that, the previous evening, he'd overheard her shout from her room, "Google!! Why you no let me type?!?!" :protest:

Wonks wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:46 am So as a method for increasing the view count, it's not a great one.

I'm now thinking it was to test the various places 'round the web. Or maybe, to see how much knowledge of / interest in the instrument there is, something like that. Market research, rather than marketing.
BWC
Frequent Poster
BWC